Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ghieri - 07-22-2013

What if the monster is...

Spoiler below!

One of Oswald's children?

Unless I missed that theory, in which case I'm late and I look dumb.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kotch - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 04:48 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: What if the monster is...

Spoiler below!

One of Oswald's children?

Unless I missed that theory, in which case I'm late and I look dumb.

I actually thought that would be kind of cool. At one point in the trailer you see a small shadow figure. It could be a ghost of his children and they could be some sort of enemy in the game. But who knows.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - RiverPhlegethon - 07-22-2013

I'm kindof hoping as well that there's at least a monster that doesn't just look like a pig. Something more original than that. After all, the monsters in TDD were a little hard to compare to any animals or other things...They just looked so mind-bendingly weird, which made them all the more creepy to look at. A monster that isn't so familiar-looking as a pig, if what I've said makes any sense at all?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 07-22-2013

Is it relevant to compare this game with TDD in terms of monsters? It is a completely different team so it is likely we will have a different scheme in AMFP.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Lama - 07-22-2013

(07-21-2013, 10:02 PM)Darkluminoo Wrote: Does anyone else think there will be an orphan ghost running around? In the trailer you can see someone at about 0:49

Can someone make screenshot and show me exactly where it is? I can't see it.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 10:52 AM)Lama Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 10:02 PM)Darkluminoo Wrote: Does anyone else think there will be an orphan ghost running around? In the trailer you can see someone at about 0:49

At around 0:40 you can see the child, too. Don't really think it's an ghost, but here the picture:

Spoiler below!
[Image: dmz2ag.jpg]

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 07-22-2013

(07-21-2013, 10:32 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: The suitors are the monsters from the Justine DLC Smile
Oh, alright, thanks.
(07-21-2013, 04:32 PM)Respekt Wrote: How much will the monsters in the game? Who, what assumptions? My opinion is that there will be five or six. I would like more and more diverse than in the original.

So wait.
Are we talking about amount of enemies overall or type of enemies? These are different things. All we know so far is that there will be pig monster but there may as well be few types of that monster.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Vredesbyrd - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 12:42 PM)Kein Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 10:32 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: The suitors are the monsters from the Justine DLC Smile
Oh, alright, thanks.
(07-21-2013, 04:32 PM)Respekt Wrote: How much will the monsters in the game? Who, what assumptions? My opinion is that there will be five or six. I would like more and more diverse than in the original.

So wait.
Are we talking about amount of enemies overall or type of enemies? These are different things. All we know so far is that there will be pig monster but there may as well be few types of that monster.

I think we're just talking about the different types of monsters, or how many there will be in the game overall.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Slanderous - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 10:57 AM)droog Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 10:52 AM)Lama Wrote:

At around 0:40 you can see the child, too. Don't really think it's an ghost, but here the picture:

Spoiler below!
[Image: dmz2ag.jpg]

This is old...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - joshin u - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 05:23 AM)RiverPhlegethon Wrote: I'm kindof hoping as well that there's at least a monster that doesn't just look like a pig. Something more original than that. After all, the monsters in TDD were a little hard to compare to any animals or other things...They just looked so mind-bendingly weird, which made them all the more creepy to look at. A monster that isn't so familiar-looking as a pig, if what I've said makes any sense at all?

Yeah, this. I'm having trouble imagining a pig-monster that would truly scare me. And hearing pig squeals around the corner doesn't sound especially bone-chilling either Undecided

So I'm hoping the game itself revolves around the "machine for pigs", literally or figuratively, but the main monsters are reminiscent of TDD and not the talking pig from the Geico commercial.