Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - cantremember - 07-23-2013

For some reason I liked to think they were disfigured brutes who could not be talked into anything. I didn't really like the fact that suddenly then they were capable of working in group to catch you and lock you up and use keys.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Diz - 07-23-2013

(07-22-2013, 08:53 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: The small amount of monster variation didn't really bother me in TDD, but the more the better imo ^^

It did not bother me, either. In fact, I was not aware that there were more than one or two. I thought everything was the Guardian, mummified-looking spirits roaming around and able to turn invisible or vanish at will. I was so terrified that I thought the grunt and brute were the same thing, since we were not supposed to look at them anyway, and I was incapable of noticing differences when piss scared. xD

Not been in here for a while, but although I spend very little time thinking about the upcoming game, it must certainly have set lair deep into my subconscious, because I occasionally have dreams of the game being complete or them needing a guinea pig to test the game, and them throwing me into it against my will and having some sort of intelligent and terrifying monster lurk around and hunt me down. Dreams can be so lifelike.

While I agree that one should not figure out how the game will be before playing it, I doubt that any of us will come close to a right guess. I do not think that it is going to ruin the experience if we have no actual visual or knowledge about any creatures, it all being in our imagination while speculating. Besides, I do not think they would release this much content before releasing the game if they did not want players to speculate, and I do not think they would post it if they thought players would be able to learn anything genuine or much about the game as to ruin the experience any. Or so I believe, anyway. ;3

My current speculation will be encased in spoilers.

Spoiler below!
I have not caught up with what has been discussed this far, but I recently thought about perhaps the children not actually being as innocent as they seem. I may be dull, but I have not thought about it yet that the children might have put up the cross with a pig on it, if that is part of the game and not just concept art, anyway. Remember when the girl did the piggy song in the start? It could sound like she was doing some sort of experiment, as crazy as that may sound, and do not forget how eerie her voice becomes toward the end, as if possessed. Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - The Raining Brains - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 03:15 PM)Diz Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 08:53 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: The small amount of monster variation didn't really bother me in TDD, but the more the better imo ^^

It did not bother me, either. In fact, I was not aware that there were more than one or two. I thought everything was the Guardian, mummified-looking spirits roaming around and able to turn invisible or vanish at will. I was so terrified that I thought the grunt and brute were the same thing, since we were not supposed to look at them anyway, and I was incapable of noticing differences when piss scared. xD
[/spoiler]

What about the sounds they make? The Brute's zombie moose thing is pretty distinctive if you ask me.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Diz - 07-23-2013

Not sure how I felt. I might have just thought that the same thing was more pissed. Or I was picking up on it. It is so long since my first time. xD

When I figured they were different, I thought the Brute could run and the Grunt could not, but I was wrong about that too at my second playthrough when the Grunt in the prison scared the living soul right out of me as I was running back and thought I had lost him!

Perhaps we need to talk more about A Machine For Pigs.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Vredesbyrd - 07-23-2013

Guys, about the song, Mors Praematura. I was just listening to it on youtube, and saw that someone put some lyrics into the comment section, here's what he/she put:
Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur, Omnia mors perimit et nulli miseretur.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 07-23-2013

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's an excerpt from a medieval song called "Ad Mortem Festinamus". I know the lyrics because one of my favourite bands (QNTAL) did a version of this song in their first album.

____
Edit:

The funny thing is that I actually spent last Saturday's afternoon reading QNTAL's Latin lyrics, looking for some inspiration to try to decipher the rest of Mors Praematura's lyrics. Big Grin

I also did some research on the texts from the Carmina Burana book, but unfortunately it didn't help either. Lol

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 07-23-2013

Nevermind, we will get the lyrics or a hint this week from jessica curry Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - plutomaniac - 07-23-2013

Guys for the shake of not reading 30 pages, did something new emerge the last 10 days?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 09:13 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Guys for the shake of not reading 30 pages, did something new emerge the last 10 days?

I don't think so...somebody correct me if I am wrong.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 07-23-2013

Nothing new. Jessica said she would reveal the lyrics to Mors Praematura sometime this week, though - or was it supposed to be last week?