Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 07:08 PM)emaper Wrote: New Amnesia Screenshot in the Spoiler! Thanks, Nyarlathotep.
I adjusted brightness, contrast and shadows:

Spoiler below!
[Image: aamfp-RoH%20copia.jpg]

Original version:
Spoiler below!
[Image: aamfp-RoH.jpg]

Ahh!Nice,new screenshot ... now back to my cave...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-26-2013

That improved image reminds me of Bioshock, a lot.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 07-26-2013

Very nice screenshot. I'm so pumped!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Nyarlathotep - 07-26-2013

You guys should read the post. Gives some insight into the ideas driving the actual design of the game. Always love to hear these kinds of thoughts from the developers.

There's another interesting post coming up soon, as well.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 08:49 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: There's another interesting post coming up soon, as well.

From where do you know? Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - GiggleBlizzard - 07-26-2013

(07-25-2013, 12:43 AM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 11:13 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: In any case I'm a bit tired of the source engine, it's so outdated.
What do you mean "outdated" Do you mean like, graphics wise?

Mostly so yeah, you can always tell if a mod or game these days is on the source engine.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 08:57 PM)droog Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 08:49 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: There's another interesting post coming up soon, as well.

From where do you know? Big Grin

Earlier he said he worked for the site who posted the article. Big Grin

(07-26-2013, 09:19 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:
(07-25-2013, 12:43 AM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 11:13 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: In any case I'm a bit tired of the source engine, it's so outdated.
What do you mean "outdated" Do you mean like, graphics wise?

Mostly so yeah, you can always tell if a mod or game these days is on the source engine.

The source engine is not outdated. Look at this video made with the source engine, and tell me it looks outdated. x) http://www.moddb.com/mods/repercussions-mod/videos/technical-difficulties#imagebox

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - The Raining Brains - 07-26-2013

Holy shit.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 07-26-2013

(07-26-2013, 07:08 PM)emaper Wrote: New Amnesia Screenshot in the Spoiler! Thanks, Nyarlathotep.
I adjusted brightness, contrast and shadows:

Spoiler below!
[Image: aamfp-RoH%20copia.jpg]

Original version:
Spoiler below!
[Image: aamfp-RoH.jpg]

Sine it is the same engine I believe we will be able to crawl almost everywhere again, just like in Half-life. Oh man, I can't wait, I'm already liking the level design.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 07-26-2013

Almost all the places we've seen in these screenshots, apparently look like really dark... too dark, in my humble opinion. And I don't think this is a gamma problem of our displays; the game is tared to be in this way. You know, this is not really a problem, because the darkness and the dark zones make the game so scary... I just think it'll be very difficult to see the areas. TDD wasnt so dark... it was perfect. Did you understand what I mean? Big Grin