Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Newsman Waterpaper - 07-27-2013

(07-27-2013, 10:25 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Hardarm's posts are bugged.
Yeah they are.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 07-27-2013

(07-27-2013, 09:31 PM)Hardarm Wrote: @emaper

"aamfp-RoH%20copia.jpg"
'copia' ?
It means you're italian? Big Grin

Yes, I'm Italian, man Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Macgyverthehero - 07-27-2013

(07-27-2013, 10:45 PM)Chieftain1 Wrote:
Yeah they are.

Only thing I see wrong with it is the picture in his signature that does not load.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tillion Magnet - 07-27-2013

(07-27-2013, 09:19 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Without spoiling anything my personal feeling when playing is that it feels very much like Amnesia, same atmosphere, tension, mood etc. It's a very unforgiving atmosphere, you won't get a break.

In fairness, Amnesia did have places like the Back Hall where, while I wouldn't say I felt safe, I could at least get my breath back after what came before it(you know).

I'm not really worried about this, but I am hoping that the fear won't be so continuous that I get emotionally exhausted by it. At that point it's harder to get immersed, IMO.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 07-27-2013

Yeah, looks like he has a JavaScript problem. JS disabled?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-28-2013

(07-27-2013, 11:46 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 09:19 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Without spoiling anything my personal feeling when playing is that it feels very much like Amnesia, same atmosphere, tension, mood etc. It's a very unforgiving atmosphere, you won't get a break.

In fairness, Amnesia did have places like the Back Hall where, while I wouldn't say I felt safe, I could at least get my breath back after what came before it(you know).

I'm not really worried about this, but I am hoping that the fear won't be so continuous that I get emotionally exhausted by it. At that point it's harder to get immersed, IMO.
They should have had an encounter there just like with Dr Emenis in BP:
Spoiler below!
When you get the tranquility music once you walk into the lab then are attacked by a Turngait out of the blue the situation goes from that good feeling of home to a heartattack
They tricked you into believing you were safe by having you memorize that tune from when you're in the saferoom with the TV and the sofa right when you came from the sewer.
Penumbra BP did that so good just like the encounter in the computer lab so dam well played

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - GiggleBlizzard - 07-28-2013

(07-26-2013, 09:50 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: The source engine is not outdated. Look at this video made with the source engine, and tell me it looks outdated. x) http://www.moddb.com/mods/repercussions-mod/videos/technical-difficulties#imagebox

It does look outdated. Does Left 4 Dead 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive look like modern gem games? Even Portal 2 doesn't looked a bit outdated when it came out.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - samueljustice00 - 07-28-2013

Like all great experiences it's paced Smile but the atmosphere is retained in the same way TDD had the same unnerving atmosphere even in the safer areas

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tillion Magnet - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 12:20 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote:

Like all great experiences it's paced Smile but the atmosphere is retained in the same way TDD had the same unnerving atmosphere even in the safer areas

Awesome. Again, I wasn't really concerned per se, but it is great to hear that AMFP function similarly. Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 07-28-2013

(07-28-2013, 12:17 AM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 09:50 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: The source engine is not outdated. Look at this video made with the source engine, and tell me it looks outdated. x) http://www.moddb.com/mods/repercussions-mod/videos/technical-difficulties#imagebox

It does look outdated. Does Left 4 Dead 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive look like modern gem games? Even Portal 2 doesn't looked a bit outdated when it came out.

Games doesn't need to have Crysis 3 graphics to be up-to-date