Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 09:09 AM)emaper Wrote: The Chinese Room has posted a new tweet about a interesting new article on gamesindustry:

Article

Cheers for the article! An interesting read, and it's doubly interesting that the writer was actually playing the game. I think this is the first "preview" anyone has had; is that correct?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 10:25 AM)Paddy Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 09:09 AM)emaper Wrote: The Chinese Room has posted a new tweet about a interesting new article on gamesindustry:

Article

Cheers for the article! An interesting read, and it's doubly interesting that the writer was actually playing the game. I think this is the first "preview" anyone has had; is that correct?
Samuel said they had some normal people test it but I'm pretty sure they are under NDA or very trustworthy friends.

(07-27-2013, 03:47 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: We've had a fair few people who've played the game say the world felt very exploratory and rich like Bioshock, which is a big compliment!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 10:25 AM)Paddy Wrote:

Article

Sounds about right ........ at least I've not heard of any other previews. A pity he couldn't say much about it, but that's understandable.

Interesting interview though, but it was really about Dan/Jessica/The Chinese Room and relatively little about Pigs (or Esther and Rapture). Not a problem though, it was a good read. Good to know that they don't want to expand into some huge and unwieldy company and just stay small, and that they have their priorities right with regards to quality over everything else.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 07:34 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: We have to realize how ambiguous the expression "as the summer comes to an end" is.

Officially, in the Northern Hemisphere, summer begins on June 21st (solstice) and ends on September 21st (equinox). There can be a variation of one day depending on the year. But most people here tend to consider summer to be June-July-August, because the weather (at least in Portugal) is usually warmer, and there's more daylight, in June than in September.
So, if Jens was considering the official definition of summer when he made that statement back in May, the game might come out mid-september; but if he was considering the popular definition, then the game will probably be released late-august.

Also, let's not forget our fellow members who live in the Southern Hemisphere, to whom these months mean... WINTER. Smile

You mean me? Well I do live in the Southern Hemisphere (Jakarta, Indonesia). But then again, my country is basically a tropical one, so the weather should be either Rain or Monsoon.

EDIT: Since you know, it never snows.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Gilligan's Hell - 07-30-2013

I Live in Malmo, Sweden. so cloudy days and snowy nights.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 11:19 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 07:34 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Also, let's not forget our fellow members who live in the Southern Hemisphere, to whom these months mean... WINTER. Smile

You mean me? Well I do live in the Southern Hemisphere (Jakarta, Indonesia). But then again, my country is basically a tropical one, so the weather should be either Rain or Monsoon.

EDIT: Since you know, it never snows.

Yep, I know! And Delirium92 lives in Australia (I think?).

What I meant to say was that for half of the globe AAMFP won't be released in the summer season.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 07-30-2013

Woah... shame on Jens, he forgot the non occidental people...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 02:50 PM)felixmole Wrote: Woah... shame on Jens, he forgot the non occidental people...

What do you mean?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 01:29 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Yep, I know! And Delirium92 lives in Australia (I think?).

Indeed I do! *clapping sounds*

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - FISHY1254 - 07-30-2013

*looks at bottom of the article for a release date* "Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is out on PC and Mac this Summer, published by Frictional Games." Well seeing how July is almost over and I doubt they'll release it tomorrow out of the blue. The game must be coming out sometime next month!