Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 07-31-2013

(07-31-2013, 08:13 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: When a game is completely finished and is going to be released soon.

Maybe AAMFP will be in gold state by 27th August?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 07-31-2013

(07-31-2013, 08:27 PM)fancreeper Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 08:13 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: When a game is completely finished and is going to be released soon.

I don't think so. Just because TDD became gold the 27th August, doesn't mean that AAMFP will. :p

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 07-31-2013

It's not JUST because it became gold on the 27th of August. It's also because the game has been polished for a few months and it would make sense if they released it the day of the anniversary.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - envirovore - 08-01-2013

(07-31-2013, 08:08 PM)fancreeper Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 08:01 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Bear in mind that ATDD was announced officially being in ''Gold'' phase on August 27 of 2010, and it was released on September 8, 2010. AAMPF is still going through a test phase, so it is pointless guessing a release date.

What is a gold phase?

When a game is sent off to be 'pressed to disk'.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 08-01-2013

Only of there is a retail release.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Zgroktar - 08-01-2013

(07-31-2013, 09:24 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 08:27 PM)fancreeper Wrote:

I don't think so. Just because TDD became gold the 27th August, doesn't mean that AAMFP will. :p

True, but that would be cool Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 08-01-2013

I wish I knew 7 months ago that this game won't come out in Q1.But now it doesn't really matter.I would really appreciate if we got an update of some sorts.It doesn't need to be long,just something to look forward to.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - VTTM - 08-02-2013

(07-31-2013, 06:38 PM)joshin u Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 05:49 PM)clashina Wrote:
(07-31-2013, 05:28 PM)joshin u Wrote: I don't understand FG's logic here. Your game is MOSTLY finished and polished, if not totally, and you are prepared to release it "by the end of the summer".

Why not just set a release date? It helps build anticipation and brings attention/press to your project. You gain nothing by holding off on announcing such a date and then a few weeks beforehand going, "Hey guys, Amnesia comes out in 2 weeks! Hope you're ready". Unless you've encountered something unexpected/huge in your game as to cause a delay, announce the damn date already.

Because committing to a date that you aren't confident in and may be forced to delay is leagues worse than giving it that extra couple weeks of polish.

That would make sense if
1. They didn't already spend a SIGNIFICANT amount of time polishing it and
2. They didn't already make it clear that they would be ready by the end of summer. If they were able to confidently make that assessment months ago, its only logical that they should be confident about A date, even if its not the most ideal one.

My point is that at this point, they should DEFINITELY be able to predict when they will be ready to release their product.
But they did predict! They're very good at that, actually. They said we'd have a release date "soon" and it's been 2 months LOL Just kidding, I totally agree with you. Moreover, I don't care about the crappy talk "time vs quality" people have discussed in here and I hate the ones who keep on kinda of "defending" their delay. At this point we should all be worried, 'cause seriously, 90% of all movies, music albums and games which get delayed that much end up being a piece of ****. Even if the game is good, their timing for announcing game info and trailers was lame. People loose their interest, great new things get released... Whatever, it's their marketing problem. Just don't tell me to shut up "as they have no obbligation to give us info or release it soon", 'cause if it is so, I who have payed for their products in the past, don't think I have the obbligation to keep quiet about this.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 01:01 AM)VTTM Wrote: At this point we should all be worried, 'cause seriously, 90% of all movies, music albums and games which get delayed that much end up being a piece of ****

Even if I agreed with that statement in the slightest, the reason this game was delayed nearly a year was because it evolved from being a short, experimental, follow-up game to a full fledged sequel on level with TDD. The game was only delayed because it became something much bigger and better, and I have utmost confidence that the final product will be better for it.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kreekakon - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 02:02 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: The game was only delayed because it became something much bigger and better, and I have utmost confidence that the final product will be better for it.