Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ossie - 05-01-2013

I'm pleased that we can still save the game - it would have driven me mad if it wasn't possible. Let's hope we can save anywhere and that checkpoint saving hasn't been implemented ..........

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Zgroktar - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:37 PM)darkely Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:35 PM)chineseroom Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:30 PM)darkely Wrote: chineseroom: so is A Machine For Pigs actually going to be fun? I hope you didn't make yet another walking simulator.

Yeah and now I'm going to re-write the ending so Mandus turns into a gull. Just for you. The community can thank you later. Tongue

Aww did someones ego get hurt? it must be hard to take criticism when you're used to everyone here kissing your ass.

You might think you are sounding rebellious and bad ass, but in reality you are nothing more than an annoying twat. There was no ass-kissing or generic answers giving, just expressions of good will and decency towards Dan and the other way around.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Diz - 05-01-2013

I am pretty sure that, with the renewed impression I have from whatever creatures there are in the upcoming game, this game may have better/scarier replay value than The Dark Descent.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:25 PM)felixmole Wrote: Well, I was expecting this at 7 UTC but it seems like it's 7 UTC +1...

Huh It did start at 7 PM UTC, but we're on Daylight Saving Time so it's UTC+1 until October...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Kein - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:05 PM)chineseroom Wrote: [quote='Kein' pid='228454' dateline='1367431272']
Is it possible to finish latest build of the game as one supposed to play/finish it? Bugs aside - puzzles (scripts), locations, SFX and music and other required resources is all in the game, right?

Yep. It's being optimised to hell and back, and we're (TCR/FG) still tweaking things to make it really punch, but it's all playable
No release date but we have this^

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-01-2013

Darkely if you are going to be insulting people,you can leave now.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:34 PM)darkely Wrote: Why the hell are you all collectively sucking up to him?! all he did was give some generic answers to questions that we've already asked... wow.

"Cheers Dan, was fun." If you consider that "sucking up" your mind will be truly blown when you see the kind of sucking up your mother does down at the docks.

*ba dum, tish*

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - darkely - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:43 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: You might think you are sounding rebellious and bad ass, but in reality you are nothing more than an annoying twat. There was no ass-kissing or generic answers giving, just expressions of good will and decency towards Dan and the other way around.

I'm not trying to sound like a bad ass. I ask a smug question then he acts like a dick towards me.

I'm glad I didn't buy/play "Dear Esther" because I would hate to know it supports people like him.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Nice - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:43 PM)Zgroktar Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:37 PM)darkely Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:35 PM)chineseroom Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:30 PM)darkely Wrote: chineseroom: so is A Machine For Pigs actually going to be fun? I hope you didn't make yet another walking simulator.

Yeah and now I'm going to re-write the ending so Mandus turns into a gull. Just for you. The community can thank you later. Tongue

Aww did someones ego get hurt? it must be hard to take criticism when you're used to everyone here kissing your ass.

You might think you are sounding rebellious and bad ass, but in reality you are nothing more than an annoying twat. There was no ass-kissing or generic answers giving, just expressions of good will and decency towards Dan and the other way around.

this, you're worse than me! There's a fine line between showing appreciation and ass kissing.

Also, the walking simulator thing made no sense. Why exactly is it a walking simulator ? If you have this mindset than Amnesia just might not be the game for you.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Randomguy9900 - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:45 PM)Kein Wrote: Yep. It's being optimised to hell and back, and we're (TCR/FG) still tweaking things to make it really punch, but it's all playable
No release date but we have this^

True. It's nice to hear, but really, does it change anything about the release date? It's the same thing that's been said for months now.

@Dogfood
He's talking about the fact that TCR's Dear Esther was very open world and to some seemed very pale, boring, and without reason. A "walking simulator" to some.