Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - TiberiusBond - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 08:00 PM)jinispace Wrote: And we still dont know if the game realizes if its Q2 or Q3 Sad

FG said Q2 and nothing else, so it's Q2.

We done with this? It'll be released when it's released, simple as that.

You guys need to keep your fuckin' panties on and just wait patiently.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 07:53 PM)felixmole Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:45 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 07:25 PM)felixmole Wrote: Well, I was expecting this at 7 UTC but it seems like it's 7 UTC +1...

Huh It did start at 7 PM UTC, but we're on Daylight Saving Time so it's UTC+1 until October...

7PM UTC = 9PM UTC+2

This discussion began at 8 (UTC+2) for me so logically it was 6 UTC, and it was stated it would begin at "7.00pm GREENWICH MEAN TIME" ie. GMT ≃ UTC. Am I missing anything? Confused

Confused When it's 7 PM in London, it's 8 PM in Paris. Both the UK and France apply the Daylight Saving Time offset, so you don't have to add 2 hours to the UTC time, only 1 hour.

(Sorry everyone for the off-topic, it's just to clarify)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Hardarm - 05-01-2013

I have another question but I guess it's too late, godfucking damn it.

Will there be randomized events? Like when you trigger an event is not enough, when you like spend too much time into something, something could happen for example.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - felixmole - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 08:08 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Confused When it's 7 PM in London, it's 8 PM in Paris. Both the UK and France apply the Daylight Saving Time offset, so you don't have to add 2 hours to the UTC time, only 1 hour.
Right, but he stated "Greenwitch Mean Time" which means UTC +0 which is not London Summer time, cf. [url]http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html[/url].

Well, so much for this lol. I hope not too many people got as much confused as myself. Fortunately I checked the forums at the right time.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-01-2013

Ah, I see what you mean now! Smile I just assumed Dan meant 7 PM in England (including the DST offset), so it would be 7 PM here in Portugal too (and 8 PM in France, etc). You looked into it in a more scientific way lol.
Cheers

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Diz - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 08:09 PM)Hardarm Wrote: I have another question but I guess it's too late, godfucking damn it.

Will there be randomized events? Like when you trigger an event is not enough, when you like spend too much time into something, something could happen for example.

Not sure if they want to reveal things on this level, however I suspect randomized events, even unprovoked, will be the case. By the sounds of it, the AI is going to be extremely unpredictable and intelligent, so imagine what they possibly could be throwing into the environment in general.

The Dark Descent had something that could happen at any given time anywhere, or at least if your sanity's state was not the best. The monitor would change for a few seconds, and every light source would turn to a deep orange or red, while the Guardian would let out a loud roar through your very soul. Not an actually event per say, but something very rare and randomized. I am almost certain that A Machine For Pigs will contain a lot of things like these, some hallucinations and even some randomized dangerous events. ^^

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ossie - 05-01-2013

I'm most surprised that the Q&A hasn't generated more debate here - it seems so quiet!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Diz - 05-01-2013

Indeed. What I felt was really intriguing is the fact that he almost begged for players to try to play smart with any monster they encountered, saying good luck. They have also mentioned a couple of times that they will enjoy and look forward to seeing YouTube videos of A Machine For Pigs lets players.

And they. Will. Laugh.

Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-01-2013

I put a list of the questions and answers at the top of the Information Portal for convenience/reference. If I've missed anything let me know!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ossie - 05-01-2013

I think that part of the problem was that the Q&A was a bit restrictive seeing as Dan couldn't answer questions about release dates, game mechanics (without giving away any spoilers), etc. Frictional are now apparently driving the final stages of development and setting out what is to be done, so a Q&A with them would also be useful (unless they too have to remain tight-lipped for their own reasons).

I'd love to know how much of what thechineseroom delivered is being changed by Frictional, and also if there have been any major clashes about game design, etc between the two indies. Smile