Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Fewer21 - 08-05-2013

did the website just crash,or was it just me oO ?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 08-05-2013

I don't think the counter code being present in the JavaScript file necessarily means that Frictional are intending to use it. The code is hosted on Google's own website - it's probably a piece of JavaScript with many functions built into it which can be called upon when needed by the user. I'm sure the AAMFP website doesn't use half the functions listed there.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 07:27 PM)Paddy Wrote: I don't think the counter code being present in the JavaScript file necessarily means that Frictional are intending to use it. The code is hosted on Google's own website - it's probably a piece of JavaScript with many functions built into it which can be called upon when needed by the user. I'm sure the AAMFP website doesn't use half the functions listed there.

But the counter wasn't there before?Was it?

(08-05-2013, 07:29 PM)fancreeper Wrote:
(08-05-2013, 07:27 PM)Paddy Wrote: I don't think the counter code being present in the JavaScript file necessarily means that Frictional are intending to use it. The code is hosted on Google's own website - it's probably a piece of JavaScript with many functions built into it which can be called upon when needed by the user. I'm sure the AAMFP website doesn't use half the functions listed there.

But the counter wasn't there before?Was it?

You mean the <div> counter in the source code? I don't know myself, but MegaScience says he/she remembers seeing it there a long time ago and droog said that when he/she checked a cached version of the site from the 27th of July the code was already present.

I'm not saying that it's not significant though, I'm just saying that it's normal for the JavaScript counter code to be present regardless of whether the site intends to use it or not, so it doesn't necessary mean much by itself.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emd - 08-05-2013

web.archive.org has the counter in the source code back in March (didn't check farther back from there).

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Respekt - 08-05-2013

Oh my God! FG, I hope you have something to are preparing! I do not want to be disappointed again! Has bothered! Sad

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Hardarm - 08-05-2013

But there WAS a counter to the first aamfp trailer, remember?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - MegaScience - 08-05-2013

I still can't find that code even in Google's API stuff. xD Ctrl+F must be failing me at this point, not that I expected much since that looks to be essentially library code which Google would not tailor for this specific site. In any case... I guess it's just time we be patient and quiet down, because... have we found anything both significant and which we can draw further conclusions from? Although I might have missed something, the page is stripped bare now so I couldn't determine anything more without new input from them.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 08-05-2013

Anything new in 20+ pages?

(08-04-2013, 06:53 PM)VadimLongcat Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 06:33 PM)Kein Wrote: May be he uses some special symbols software cannot process properly.
"цуалцуда ц йв цйвй вйцвйц"

It isn't a special symbols, it's just Cyrillic.
Ведь я же могу их отправлять.

That's why I added latter a note regarding UTF8.

(08-05-2013, 06:42 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(08-05-2013, 06:34 PM)MegaScience Wrote: Can anyone source where he found that code? Because no where on the site have I been able to locate that. And for those talking about days and months not being listed, this is a plain numeric counter. I remember it from when the site first went up. If they do intend to reuse it, the hours could have a roll of days if they wanted, if not more, assuming they use similar code to the original.

You can see links to two different .js files in the topmost block of text in the main site's source code. The one named //ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.1/jquery-ui.min.js contains the code in question.

That's just AJAX lib form Google Servers, it is nothing special, it's a 3d party tool.

(08-05-2013, 08:23 PM)MegaScience Wrote: I still can't find that code even in Google's API stuff. xD Ctrl+F must be failing me at this point, not that I expected much since that looks to be essentially library code which Google would not tailor for this specific site.

CTRL+F didn't work for me either, the formatting is sightly off. Try searching for just one part of it Wink