Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 08:54 PM)Kein Wrote: Anything new in 20+ pages?

(08-04-2013, 06:53 PM)VadimLongcat Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 06:33 PM)Kein Wrote: May be he uses some special symbols software cannot process properly.
"цуалцуда ц йв цйвй вйцвйц"

It isn't a special symbols, it's just Cyrillic.
Ведь я же могу их отправлять.

That's why I added latter a note regarding UTF8.

It's a problem with his browser and Javascript. Most probably if he uses IE (according to a few bugs I've read about MyBB).

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - GrAVit - 08-05-2013

My best moments of IE were when it crashed TWICE in 5 SECONDS! That was so hilarious, it really made my day. So I love IE in a special way. Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 08-06-2013

(08-05-2013, 06:34 PM)MegaScience Wrote: Can anyone source where he found that code? Because no where on the site have I been able to locate that. And for those talking about days and months not being listed, this is a plain numeric counter. I remember it from when the site first went up. If they do intend to reuse it, the hours could have a roll of days if they wanted, if not more, assuming they use similar code to the original.

I'm using Firefox to look at this code, when I go into web developer I go into 'inspector' and then 'debugger' and in there you can find a lot of JS stuff. This is a bunch of code I have been looking at in notepad++: http://i.imgur.com/0OTBRsz.jpg

Within this code it mentions the counter and there is another code file taht mentions it too.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Vredesbyrd - 08-06-2013

Guys, does the banner on the website (on the left side) look like it's becoming brighter? I see something in the distance but I'm not quite sure where everyone else is on this.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emd - 08-06-2013

(08-06-2013, 02:26 AM)Vredesbyrd Wrote: Guys, does the banner on the website (on the left side) look like it's becoming brighter? I see something in the distance but I'm not quite sure where everyone else is on this.

Checked web archives and there's no difference between banner from today and the banner from March 8th.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - MegaScience - 08-06-2013

(08-06-2013, 01:01 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(08-05-2013, 06:34 PM)MegaScience Wrote: Can anyone source where he found that code? Because no where on the site have I been able to locate that. And for those talking about days and months not being listed, this is a plain numeric counter. I remember it from when the site first went up. If they do intend to reuse it, the hours could have a roll of days if they wanted, if not more, assuming they use similar code to the original.

I'm using Firefox to look at this code, when I go into web developer I go into 'inspector' and then 'debugger' and in there you can find a lot of JS stuff. This is a bunch of code I have been looking at in notepad++: http://i.imgur.com/0OTBRsz.jpg

Within this code it mentions the counter and there is another code file taht mentions it too.

That is Google's Library file. I ran it through http://jsbeautifier.org/, and that code you are highlighting is just part of an error message for if Google's code can't determine the current date. It doesn't have to do with the counter, and Google's library doesn't appear to have anything specifically pertaining to it - At most, you'd use the library in the counter, but Google's file itself is essentially meaningless.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kotch - 08-06-2013

So I was just reading random stuff about the game, and I read about how it has two locations that have to do with Jack the Ripper. How cool would it be if it turns out that you were Jack the Ripper at the end of the game?

And this part on the wiki just makes that seem possible too:

Dan Pinchbeck Wrote: You can expect a deep, dark and twisted story with many layers of horror, confusion, lies and madness. We want a game that isn't just scary to play, but one that gets into your head and fucks with you for nightmares to come.

Jens is currently watching this thread....... Jens......... Hi.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kreekakon - 08-06-2013

(08-06-2013, 06:36 AM)Kotch Wrote: So I was just reading random stuff about the game, and I read about how it has two locations that have to do with Jack the Ripper. How cool would it be if it turns out that you were Jack the Ripper at the end of the game?

Dan Pinchbeck Wrote: You can expect a deep, dark and twisted story with many layers of horror, confusion, lies and madness. We want a game that isn't just scary to play, but one that gets into your head and fucks with you for nightmares to come.
It's a possibility, but I personally rather doubt it as I usually don't like it when fictional video games try messing too much with real life history.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kotch - 08-06-2013

(08-06-2013, 07:08 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 06:36 AM)Kotch Wrote: So I was just reading random stuff about the game, and I read about how it has two locations that have to do with Jack the Ripper. How cool would it be if it turns out that you were Jack the Ripper at the end of the game?

It's a possibility, but I personally rather doubt it as I usually don't like it when fictional video games try messing too much with real life history.

Yeah I don't think that's what will happen, I just thought that it would be kind of cool

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Respekt - 08-06-2013

How strange to wake up realizing that it was just a dream and a miracle happened ... Not a trailer, no release date is still not. Already rave this game, and it deceives us again and disappears. It is cruel.