Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Boogaloo - 08-07-2013

Can't we all just be excited that this game is even being made? I mean when I found out that they were making another amnesia I freaked out! I'm still as anxious now as I was back then. Lets be honest, everyone who reads this forum is definitely going to buy the game whether they give us a release date 4 weeks or 4 days before its release. they are working to try and make the best gaming experience possible, they have told us countless times. I think we should feel flattered that they care so much about us to take this much time to perfect a game that we were going to play anyway.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Bridge - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 07:42 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: "Man has the right to think what he will
to speak what he will
to write what he will
(...)"

Edit:

(08-07-2013, 05:12 PM)joshin u Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 05:07 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 04:57 PM)joshin u Wrote: You aren't better than the rest of us because you aren't acting impatient. You're just making yourself seem more like a dick.

Isn't he?

Better than us? Or a dick? Specify, each has a different answer Tongue

I interpreted it as: "Isn't he acting impatient?".
Because he is, even if it's for different reasons.

No, the intended meaning was "Isn't he better than you?". Frictional does not owe you anything.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Macgyverthehero - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 07:26 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 07:10 PM)Gunslingerjh Wrote: Please lock this thread until something new happens, getting tired of reading through all the bs in here expecting to find something interesting..
Agreed.

I'm with ye on that lad.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Lama - 08-07-2013

I also look forward to see the release date, but guys... FG themselves propably can't predict when the game will be ready. If they don't know how much time is left why to pressure on them so much?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 08:11 PM)Bridge Wrote: No, the intended meaning was "Isn't he better than you?". Frictional does not owe you anything.

Sorry that I interpreted it wrong.

Is the second sentence directed at me though? Because I've never said anything which could indicate that I think FG owes me something. Smile

I just think that people have the right to express themselves as long as they don't insult or harass anyone and use common sense (which is lacking sometimes). Closing the thread wouldn't be a solution.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - joshin u - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 08:11 PM)Bridge Wrote: No, the intended meaning was "Isn't he better than you?". Frictional does not owe you anything.

I do not in any way think "Frictional owes me anything". I'm speaking from a logical and business perspective. At this point in production, it makes sense to let your fans know the release date in order to build the appropriate amount of hype before the release of your product. Barring unforeseen (and unknown to the fans) complications in the production process, I don't see why FG should withhold the date any longer. I simply don't understand FG's thinking process and I believe I have made this abundantly clear in my posts.

As to your question of "Isn't he better than you?" No, I can assure you he is not. I do not make it a point of my day to just "piss off butthurt fanboys" or just tell anxious forum users to "shut up already". But thanks for asking.

(08-07-2013, 08:38 PM)Lama Wrote: I also look forward to see the release date, but guys... FG themselves propably can't predict when the game will be ready. If they don't know how much time is left why to pressure on them so much?

The point is they should be able to at this point. If they weren't, they wouldn't have been able to confidently predict an end of summer release. That's just logical. Also, no one is really "putting pressure on them". We're just discussing our concerns amongst ourselves.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 08-07-2013

Closing the thread will create more problems than it solves, which is the conclusion the mods and most of the members came to the last two or three times the idea was on the table. Besides which, relevant news articles and interviews and Tweets are bound to appear as steadily as they always have, so the fact that there's a lot of shit-talking going on doesn't mean there isn't anything relevant to talk about at the same time. It's only been a few days since the last poem/teaser appeared, for instance.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - pinkribbonscars - 08-07-2013

I revisited my favorite section in Amnesia TDD earlier
Spoiler below!
The torture chambers
I have no idea how AAMFP is even going to begin to compare to TDDs atmosphere, it's so, so good.... But, I have faith in The Chinese Room ;D My soul is yours to screw with, just.... be gentle... please :3

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 08-07-2013

LOL... people who don't even participate in this thread who suggest to lock it? Move on maybe? Paddy's right, a lot of things are going on at the moment, and I'm pretty sure we can expect some very exciting news by the end of August.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Lama - 08-08-2013

(08-07-2013, 09:02 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: I revisited my favorite section in Amnesia TDD earlier
Spoiler below!
The torture chambers
I have no idea how AAMFP is even going to begin to compare to TDDs atmosphere, it's so, so good.... But, I have faith in The Chinese Room ;D My soul is yours to screw with, just.... be gentle... please :3

Yeah just compare ATDD gameplay and AAMFP gameplay from teasers, ATDD looks way creepier.