Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - sasaluvsamnesia7 - 08-09-2013

Hey now, if we go and say it won't be released until 2014, when summer hasn't even ended yet, we'll just further upset ourselves. I honestly believe FG will not do that again because if they do, they're going to have a high number of really angered, upset fans on their hands. I think they know that, and we know that. I'm certain the game is finished, and that they're tweaking and finishing up all that they can, and will get some information out to us soon. Big Grin

Okay? So let's all cheer up and discuss AMFP like always to let the time fly by.

Anyone have any thoughts of their own based from the last poem? Anything concerning 'old Lily...' I'm curious to know exactly how old she was, and how old Oswald is going to be. An old man, maybe? I think Daniel was in his early to late 20's. I don't remember much of the poem, but I remember the part where 'thoughts of the jungle flooded her head...' something like that, so it makes me wonder if this Lily knew anything about the expedition Oswald takes, if she was a part of that in any way (she could be his wife, I suppose) and really makes me more curious about the Mexico trip.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Magnum66 - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 01:27 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Hey now, if we go and say it won't be released until 2014, when summer hasn't even ended yet, we'll just further upset ourselves. I honestly believe FG will not do that again because if they do, they're going to have a high number of really angered, upset fans on their hands. I think they know that, and we know that. I'm certain the game is finished, and that they're tweaking and finishing up all that they can, and will get some information out to us soon. Big Grin

Okay? So let's all cheer up and discuss AMFP like always to let the time fly by.

Anyone have any thoughts of their own based from the last poem? Anything concerning 'old Lily...' I'm curious to know exactly how old she was, and how old Oswald is going to be. An old man, maybe? I think Daniel was in his early to late 20's. I don't remember much of the poem, but I remember the part where 'thoughts of the jungle flooded her head...' something like that, so it makes me wonder if this Lily knew anything about the expedition Oswald takes, if she was a part of that in any way (she could be his wife, I suppose) and really makes me more curious about the Mexico trip.

I love discussing thoughts/predictions for AMFP, really gets me interested and even more excited for the game. I myself have been wondering about some bits of the story myself and also what the monster will look like. From the hand you can see in the Halloween teaser I know it looks rather big and fat. Also that scream... I have some images in my head for what it may look like, but probably none will match up to actually how terrifying it really is. Big Grin

Also that squeal/scream... oh god that's gonna fucking terrify me with my headset blasted max volume. About Lily you may be right about her being his wife, but I'll guess it's his daughter, especially if he's an older man. Story may involve something like his daughter was killed at a young age, and who/what killed her Oswald learned from the experience or exacted revenge perhaps? Either one way or another it broke him mentally and is a part of what causes him to be part of this "machine"

By the looks of it, it seems like kids will be involved either with the machine, or the product needed FOR the machine, which again is creepy but I love it...

I love the way they've set up the story too on the AAMFP website too. Coming back from a disastrous expedition in Mexico. Not giving us much more information than that makes it beautifully mysterious and only leaves us with our imagination to think of what could have possibly happened to him during. Then him falling in and out of consciousness until the "machine" "coughs" "sputters" and "roars" to life below him... the atmosphere is so eery and mysterious, it makes both my adventurous side, and the part of me that wants to get scared shitless, very excited.

Another thing I've been wondering lately too, since hearing the track "mors praematura" I've been trying to imagine where in the game that song would be used. It's so marvelously ominous and sets a freakishly scary tone.... Big Grin

I've been trying to come up with the best place for the track to match a part of the game. Best I've come up with is the streets of London. It would be a cool tone to set while you're outside wondering the dark abandoned streets of London, after waking up from Osawld's slumber, and learning of the mysterious machine's unexplained awakening. You go outside, nothing or no one is able to be seen, you're tense as ever, and that track is swiftly filling the air. I would say maybe the track could be played while the monster is around, but I actually like the grunt appearance music from The Dark Descent better, and hope they stick with that.

A cool theory someone else on this forum mentioned too is that Oswald Mandus could end up being Jack The Ripper, which I think would be pretty damn cool, and would end up being a cool reveal for the end of the game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - sasaluvsamnesia7 - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 02:02 AM)Magnum66 Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 01:27 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Hey now, if we go and say it won't be released until 2014, when summer hasn't even ended yet, we'll just further upset ourselves. I honestly believe FG will not do that again because if they do, they're going to have a high number of really angered, upset fans on their hands. I think they know that, and we know that. I'm certain the game is finished, and that they're tweaking and finishing up all that they can, and will get some information out to us soon. Big Grin

I love discussing thoughts/predictions for AMFP, really gets me interested and even more excited for the game. I myself have been wondering about some bits of the story myself and also what the monster will look like. From the hand you can see in the Halloween teaser I know it looks rather big and fat. Also that scream... I have some images in my head for what it may look like, but probably none will match up to actually how terrifying it really is. Big Grin

Also that squeal/scream... oh god that's gonna fucking terrify me with my headset blasted max volume. About Lily you may be right about her being his wife, but I'll guess it's his daughter, especially if he's an older man. Story may involve something like his daughter was killed at a young age, and who/what killed her Oswald learned from the experience or exacted revenge perhaps? Either one way or another it broke him mentally and is a part of what causes him to be part of this "machine"

By the looks of it, it seems like kids will be involved either with the machine, or the product needed FOR the machine, which again is creepy but I love it...

I love the way they've set up the story too on the AAMFP website too. Coming back from a disastrous expedition in Mexico. Not giving us much more information than that makes it beautifully mysterious and only leaves us with our imagination to think of what could have possibly happened to him during. Then him falling in and out of consciousness until the "machine" "coughs" "sputters" and "roars" to life below him... the atmosphere is so eery and mysterious, it makes both my adventurous side, and the part of me that wants to get scared shitless, very excited.

Another thing I've been wondering lately too, since hearing the track "mors praematura" I've been trying to imagine where in the game that song would be used. It's so marvelously ominous and sets a freakishly scary tone.... Big Grin

I've been trying to come up with the best place for the track to match a part of the game. Best I've come up with is the streets of London. It would be a cool tone to set while you're outside wondering the dark abandoned streets of London, after waking up from Osawld's slumber, and learning of the mysterious machine's unexplained awakening. You go outside, nothing or no one is able to be seen, you're tense as ever, and that track is swiftly filling the air. I would say maybe the track could be played while the monster is around, but I actually like the grunt appearance music from The Dark Descent better, and hope they stick with that.

A cool theory someone else on this forum mentioned too is that Oswald Mandus could end up being Jack The Ripper, which I think would be pretty damn cool, and would end up being a cool reveal for the end of the game.

----------------

I think Lily is much older, since the poem called her 'old Lily...' So that's why I think she may be Oswald's wife or maybe she has an entirely different role.

I listened to that music, and my guess is that it could be End Credits music, since the woman is singing, unless it is toned down when the game comes out. Then it could be played during any of the levels, which I'm excited for. I can't wait to know the levels and what the puzzles will be, and how challenging they will be Smile So looking forward to that.

Jack the Ripper? Uh... I doubt it. Putting a real life killer in a game, I don't think that be all that enjoyable. Influence, perhaps...? But actually being that himself, I doubt it. Besides that, I'm strongly hoping Oswald ISN'T the game's villain, and I want him to be far more sane than both Daniel and Justine ever were. To actually play a sane character, yet perhaps not knowing that until the last minute, would be awesome.

I think often of the trailer, and who this professor is Oswald talks to. He sounds young, maybe we'll see lots of him, or maybe there is much more characters. We can't say who the villain is, nor how the plot will play out, and I am so glad! I love plot in games, more so than I love graphics, really, so that is what of my main happy thoughts as I wait and think about AMFP.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Rederkki - 08-09-2013

RAAAAAGHH! You fu*ked with my friends! READY TO GET SOME PIG D**K?

And stop calling me bacon!

- piggy

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Nice - 08-09-2013

Rederkki i want to eat you

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Hardarm - 08-09-2013

A PIG IS OFF THE FIELDS

@MyRedNeptune

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Yaguara - 08-09-2013

You bacon are mine!

- an adorable jaguar

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Sampyli - 08-09-2013

All your children are belong to me, Oswald

- The Evil Pig Macine

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 08-09-2013

@DavidS: I'm not sure if you chimed in the last time this image was posted but if you're able to (or rather, if you're allowed to haha) can you talk about this?

http://sethnemo.deviantart.com/art/Frictional-Games-Abandoned-graphic-design-371881740

It's fuckin' fantastic and I'd love to know what it was intended for and why it was abandoned.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Statyk - 08-09-2013

It was probably going to be a company icon, but in a designer's perspective, it's a little over-complicated, so they probably went with a more simple design. Which is most likely what you see now.