Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Respekt - 08-10-2013

Quote:Maybe working on the Super Secret Project will delay AAMFP, but every
has the right to live their own lives including Frictional. Just because
you're complaining about a game, doesn't mean the company have to
answer.
They do not respond to us. Jens reads the topic and leaves. It is sad.

I just expressed my point of view, expressing that boiled in my soul ...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Deep One - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 02:37 PM)Respekt Wrote: Employees have enough ... They just do not throw all the power to release the game soon. They need to suspend the development of his secret project and throw everything at AAMFP. Later it continued to take up the next project.

They also need to stop sleeping and eating because you demand so? You're the only person in this forum who still cries like a baby and complains 24/7

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Gunslingerjh - 08-10-2013

*Sigh* So now they are already giving orders to Frictional Games? This thread is begging to be locked!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Respekt - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 02:53 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 02:37 PM)Respekt Wrote: Employees have enough ... They just do not throw all the power to release the game soon. They need to suspend the development of his secret project and throw everything at AAMFP. Later it continued to take up the next project.

They also need to stop sleeping and eating because you demand so? You're the only person in this forum who still cries like a baby and complains 24/7
I have spoken to me why this game is so important, but you do not understand ... Maybe I do not have much, but still no release. A matter of life and death: it is easier when you know you got what you wanted ... Health to you and understanding! Say no, anyway I did not achieve.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kreekakon - 08-10-2013

I would be okay with not hearing things like every week, and every single little thing they do. That's definitely not needed. reporting things that are too "detailed" also runs the risk of borderline spoilers, like for example "This week we fixed up the walls in the hospital level!"

However judging from everyone's anticipation of the project I'd say it wouldn't be out of the question for FG, and or chineseroom to post small monthly updates, even if it is just a small snippet like a blog post. Even if it's an extremely trivial thing like "We know you're all excited, and we're working hard". Not everyone needs it, but for some it can be quite a large sentimental morale boost to fans, even if it holds no true weight whatsoever.

I hesitate to say it, but the fact of the matter at hand is that there just are some people here who have the capacity to be patient, and some who just don't. I'm just stating a fact here. If a small response like so can calm the spirits of the angry mob, I don't see why not.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - wubwub - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 02:59 PM)Respekt Wrote: I have spoken to me why this game is so important, but you do not understand ... Maybe I do not have much, but still no release. A matter of life and death: it is easier when you know you got what you wanted ... Health to you and understanding! Say no, anyway I did not achieve.

we must all patience friend, if make anger it no change for chinaroom and fritionalgames or any people. No patience and no happy never good for people we must wait to not remove happy FG if FG no happy it very very bad

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 08-10-2013

Some clarification needed, I think.

First of all, and most importantly, FG told us specifically that we'd have to wait until the end of the summer. They have an internal schedule/deadline which isn't 100% pinpointed but is as close to it as they can get when they're projecting several months into the future. To complain that there's been no information before we've even reached the end of the summer is silly. If they'd given us a specific release date of, say, September 1st, would people complain on August 20th that FG hadn't given us new info? Of course not, but this is more or less the situation we're in! We have a release window if not a release date. It's going to get narrowed down as we get closer to the end of the summer, but until then it's completely arbitrary to demand information. We already know what they're doing and how long it will take.

Secondly, the game was officially said to have been completed in February but in June it was made clear that The Chinese Room had still been working on it. Dan Pinchbeck tweeted that he'd completed his final piece of work on the game in June. If new work was being added that late then more polishing/testing/bug-fixing would obviously be needed.

We have all the info we need. In fact, we have all the info FG could possibly give us at this stage. To feel like you're being kept in the dark at this stage is a difficult position to defend.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - CorinthianMerchant - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 12:20 PM)Respekt Wrote: If next week is not news, then all is lost! FG, do not you see that people are no longer able to endure the lack of news and content? We waited enough! You have six months "polish" the finished game, is not that enough? Your fans will not survive another transfer! Please release the game soon!
It is not time that matters, but quality. -Adolf Hitler

Quote:I talked about the torrent? I'm for people to buy, but you can not be so callous to customers and potential customers! Wake up publisher!
I do not see why TCR/FG should not be just as cruel as nature. -Adolf Hitler

(08-10-2013, 02:37 PM)Respekt Wrote: It's about what you do not say? Game "polished" a thousand times! It's been six months! "Polishing" is not the creation of the game ... The game is ready ... They should give us the news and release the game.
The FG Community has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace. -Adolf Hitler

Quote:Employees have enough ... They just do not throw all the power to release the game soon. They need to suspend the development of his secret project and throw everything at AAMFP. Later it continued to take up the next project.
You do realize that FG aren't working on AMFP, right?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 03:05 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I would be okay with not hearing things like every week, and every single little thing they do. That's definitely not needed. reporting things that are too "detailed" also runs the risk of borderline spoilers, like for example "This week we fixed up the walls in the hospital level!"

However judging from everyone's anticipation of the project I'd say it wouldn't be out of the question for FG, and or chineseroom to post small monthly updates, even if it is just a small snippet like a blog post. Even if it's an extremely trivial thing like "We know you're all excited, and we're working hard". Not everyone needs it, but for some it can be quite a large sentimental morale boost to fans, even if it holds no true weight whatsoever.

I hesitate to say it, but the fact of the matter at hand is that there just are some people here who have the capacity to be patient, and some who just don't. I'm just stating a fact here. If a small response like so can calm the spirits of the angry mob, I don't see why not.

Coudn't agree more.

Back in May we managed to get a short update from Frictional as so many of us had a moan about the lack of information.

I don't think it's being unreasonable to ask for another update - nobody is asking for game details or spoilers, we'd just like to know if the game is still on track for a late Summer release as Jens stated in May.

It's a relatively small thing to ask and it won't take up many hours of Frictional's time to answer it either (a few minutes, if that).

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - WALP - 08-10-2013

well I'm pretty sure that now that those six months of polish stuff are over, regardless of how they spend them, They need to get the launch marketing ready and all those translations and papers so yeah I think we see the game soon but they still got stuffs to do.

also just gotta say this: theres no limit to how much polish a game can get, no limit at all.