Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-01-2013

4-4 1/2 hours... that's a little disappointing to be honest. But, he did say it was a speed run done by the people who made the game, and so know it very well, so I'd imagine it would take close to twice that long if you really spend your time immersed in the game, exploring, piecing stuff together, and generally taking your time, like everybody should in a quality > quantity game like this.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Statyk - 05-01-2013

Knowing me... First time may take me 7-8 hours.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - darkely - 05-01-2013

I keep reading a word that catches my eye "optimization" so does this mean it will run smoother than ATDD? I hope so. Maybe I want need a GPU for AAMFP after all Big Grin.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Nyarlathotep - 05-01-2013

The Cry Engine thing is in reference to TCR's next game, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Not anything Frictional or Amnesia related. Just for clarity.

Anyway. I'm happy with the apparent time of the game. I like to try and take these games in one sitting if possible. It's already been said, but yes, quality>quantity. I don't think in any way would extra hours tacked onto the game make it better if its pace is already perfected in its current form.

Asking for a longer campaign just for the sake of it is no less shallow than demanding multiplayer from every game that releases.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-01-2013

Well, on the bright side, it looks like the game is pretty much 100% complete and polished from what he said, he even talked about the development of it in the past tense, as if there was nothing left to do. Probably safe to say we can expect a release date relatively soon.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - darkely - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 10:03 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: The Cry Engine thing is in reference to TCR's next game, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Not anything Frictional or Amnesia related. Just for clarity.

Anyway. I'm happy with the apparent time of the game. I like to try and take these games in one sitting if possible. It's already been said, but yes, quality>quantity. I don't think in any way would extra hours tacked onto the game make it better if its pace is already perfected in its current form.

Asking for a longer campaign just for the sake of it is no less shallow than demanding multiplayer from every game that releases.

No one here is outright demanding anything we would just be happier if the campaign wasn't so short.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Newsman Waterpaper - 05-01-2013

I think if you take your time,get into the story,hiding from/getting killed by monsters,getting stuck on puzzles,I would probably say 7-8 hours.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 09:59 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: 4-4 1/2 hours... that's a little disappointing to be honest. But, he did say it was a speed run done by the people who made the game, and so know it very well, so I'd imagine it would take close to twice that long if you really spend your time immersed in the game, exploring, piecing stuff together, and generally taking your time, like everybody should in a quality > quantity game like this.

This is how long ATDD is with a speed run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SSFBVw8iE Big Grin pretty short,ha?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - felixmole - 05-01-2013

See for example the Old Archives in TDD. Takes 5 minutes to beat when you know the game, but took me 45 minutes the first time.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 10:34 PM)felixmole Wrote: See for example the Old Archives in TDD. Takes 5 minutes to beat when you know the game, but took me 45 minutes the first time.

Exactly!First time prison level took me 1 hour to beat,now it takes me only 20 minutes!