Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 12:30 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 10:38 AM)fancreeper Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 02:47 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: Well, not being able to make the Q&A myself, I would like to thank Dan for taking the time to answer our questions.

I would also like to thank fancreeper who asked my questions for me. That was very polite of you and I had no idea you would do that, so thank you so much Smile

From what I read, it sounds as if this is going to be one fantastic scare. 4 - 6 hours seems short, but it took me at least a month for me to get through The Dark Descent for the first time, so I'm sure this game will take me longer since I'm going to take it slow, and take in everything that it has to offer. Also sounds like the monsters, whatever they may be, are going to be awesome.

I want them to make the Grunts and Brutes piss themselves.

So excited! Even more excited! Can't wait for this to come out Big Grin

No problem man!

Yes, thank you Fancreeper for asking our questions. Smile

Glad to help!Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - jiersk - 05-02-2013

My God. After reading the Q&A I have lost almost all my respect for this community. The only thing you people can you is lick the ass of the creators of Amnesia and bash AAA games. Ofcourse not everyone does this, but goddamnit.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Damascus Rose - 05-02-2013

The Q&A was fine, the questions were good imo.

(05-02-2013, 05:05 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: The Q&A was fine, the questions were good imo.

They indeed were good. But the answers sucked balls and still the people treated Dan like a god.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-02-2013

Yes, most of his answers were predictable, others very generic. I don't understand why people got so excited about this Q&A session.
I have to quote myself on this subject:

(04-30-2013, 02:17 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I'd say that, by now, almost everything that isn't considered spoiler has been said in interviews and articles.

I might be wrong, but most of Dan Pinchbeck's answers are most likely going to be: "I don’t want to give too much away."; "The rest you will have to wait and see."; "I couldn’t possibly say."; "That’s going to be down to Frictional."; etc.

In my opinion, it should be Thomas Grip, Jens Nilsson or someone else from Frictional Games doing the Q&A, because the ball is on their side now, really.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-02-2013

What exactly did Dan do/say (or rather, what did he not do/say) to piss you off so much?

I agree that the Q&A was largely pointless because the only questions permitted were ones to which the answers were already known, but I don't see how that makes Dan a cunt and I don't see how people thanking him for his time makes them sycophants.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-02-2013

I'm not pissed off at all, just giving my opinion... Confused

I did enjoy reading the Q&A, just as much as I enjoy reading any interview or article regarding AAMFP.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Deep One - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 05:03 PM)jiersk Wrote: My God. After reading the Q&A I have lost almost all my respect for this community. The only thing you people can you is lick the ass of the creators of Amnesia and bash AAA games. Ofcourse not everyone does this, but goddamnit.

Only one guy likes to bash AAA games, and his name is Googolplex

(05-02-2013, 05:39 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 05:03 PM)jiersk Wrote: My God. After reading the Q&A I have lost almost all my respect for this community. The only thing you people can you is lick the ass of the creators of Amnesia and bash AAA games. Ofcourse not everyone does this, but goddamnit.

Only one guy likes to bash AAA games, and his name is Googolplex

I have seen many people here agreeing with him while he was bashing AAA games.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - AlexCarlson - 05-02-2013

I have a question, where can I read the Q&A? Is it officially somewhere or do I have to look for random posts on this thread? Sad