Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Deep One - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 05:50 PM)jiersk Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 05:39 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 05:03 PM)jiersk Wrote: My God. After reading the Q&A I have lost almost all my respect for this community. The only thing you people can you is lick the ass of the creators of Amnesia and bash AAA games. Ofcourse not everyone does this, but goddamnit.

Only one guy likes to bash AAA games, and his name is Googolplex

I have seen many people here agreeing with him while he was bashing AAA games.

Yeah, the dark side, but he is gone forever(hopefully). But if you're referring to this post, I can calm your heart and say that I was joking.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-02-2013

@EnderShorts: You can read the Q&A here. Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - jiersk - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 05:23 PM)Paddy Wrote: What exactly did Dan do/say (or rather, what did he not do/say) to piss you off so much?

I agree that the Q&A was largely pointless because the only questions permitted were ones to which the answers were already known, but I don't see how that makes Dan a cunt and I don't see how people thanking him for his time makes them sycophants.

"Yes and No. We're not going to make this easy for you. You don't want that do you? This ain't Resident Evil... this is proper horror"

It pissed me off incredibly that Dan said stuff like this. I agree, RE isn't proper horror. But the cunt shouldn't bash other games like his game is the best. And you can read in his comments that he is really proud of his game ( he doesn't say it directly, but it's still noticeable ) And being proud is for cunts.

(05-02-2013, 05:55 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 05:03 PM)jiersk Wrote: My God. After reading the Q&A I have lost almost all my respect for this community. The only thing you people can you is lick the ass of the creators of Amnesia and bash AAA games. Ofcourse not everyone does this, but goddamnit.

Yeah, the dark side, but he is gone forever(hopefully). But if you're referring to this post, I can calm your heart and say that I was joking.

I understood that you were joking.

8u8u8u8

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - felixmole - 05-02-2013

(About the emphasized part) Given the very dense concentration of fans of Amnesia (among whom I am) here, I really do not see the point of your message.

(05-02-2013, 05:56 PM)jiersk Wrote: And being proud is for cunts.

Don't understand your calling him a cunt. Dan's selling a game isn't he? Do you expect other game publishers to do unlike him? (and I'm not sure I see any comparisons with other games than RE - and it is true, RE no longer does horror but adventure/action - in the Q&A session.)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 05:31 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I'm not pissed off at all, just giving my opinion... Confused

I did enjoy reading the Q&A, just as much as I enjoy reading any interview or article regarding AAMFP.

Sorry man, I meant that for jiersk, not you Wink

(05-02-2013, 05:56 PM)jiersk Wrote: "Yes and No. We're not going to make this easy for you. You don't want that do you? This ain't Resident Evil... this is proper horror"

It pissed me off incredibly that Dan said stuff like this. I agree, RE isn't proper horror. But the cunt shouldn't bash other games like his game is the best. And you can read in his comments that he is really proud of his game ( he doesn't say it directly, but it's still noticeable ) And being proud is for cunts.

"I agree, RE isn't proper horror" you agree with him? So where's the problem? He didn't put his point in a more volatile/obnoxious way than you did, so are you holding him up to a standard you don't have for yourself? "Dan said X, I agree with X but Dan shouldn't have said it"? I don't recall Dan making any allusion to RE during the entirety of the Q&A except in that one instance. How can you extrapolate from that one comment that he was bashing RE?

I really don't see the sense in faulting someone for being proud of their work. I also don't think it's fair to assume that if you're proud of your own work it means you think everyone else's work is a piece of shit.

This is some seriously blown-out-of-proportion shit right here.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Sarcophagus - 05-02-2013

Actually 'jiersk' has a point right there and that interview was 50% decent and 50% bullshit,anyway I enjoyed it because I found out some new things about the game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - plutomaniac - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 05:56 PM)jiersk Wrote: And being proud is for cunts.

I love the way you think. So let's see. If I make a custom story, devote many ours at it and be proud of the result...I'm a cunt!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Bridge - 05-02-2013

I think he meant to say "boastful" instead of "proud". I'm sure we can all agree that a hint of modesty adds a certain respectable aura to one's words. It may be dishonest or perhaps superfluous, but jiersk does have a point.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Nice - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 05:56 PM)jiersk Wrote: being proud is for cunts.

are you kidding me ?

yeah right, whenever he posts stuff like that its 1. People just make fun of him 2. Make sarcastic remarks 3. insult him. So... Pix or it didn't happen

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - felixmole - 05-02-2013

Well... This isn't a simple custom story, this is something that is about to be marketed. Better show a minimum of pride (to a certain extent, obviously). Just like when marketing anything else or seeking a job.