Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - maarten12100 - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 03:53 AM)Eyelander Wrote: The part with the kid, it would be cool if Oswald thinks he sees a little boy possibly being his son and getting close he snaps out of a trance to find he was actually walking up to a pig monster only to run away. Id be scared shitless.
CLARENCE 101

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - AlexCarlson - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 03:53 AM)Eyelander Wrote: The part with the kid, it would be cool if Oswald thinks he sees a little boy possibly being his son and getting close he snaps out of a trance to find he was actually walking up to a pig monster only to run away. Id be scared shitless.

Even if I thought it was his son, I sure the hell wouldn't walk to a kid anyway while playing that. O_O

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - TheBik - 05-07-2013

So since I'm a major dork and I love overanalyzing the crap out of poetry, I figured I might as well do a quick line-by-line analysis of the new message on AMFP's website.
Thrupenny sixpence sparrows and doves
Honestly, given the context, I have no idea what this line is supposed to mean. But looking at some of the symbolism associated with sparrows, they're often seen as vigilant workers and they speak of "higher thoughts and ideals". Interesting food for thought, I guess. Doves, on the other hand, can occasionally be seen as symbols for sacrifice. Huh. I really have no idea if that means anything, though.
See all the angels a-weeping above
Biblically speaking, angels aren't supposed to really cry. My personal opinion would be that they would only cry over the loss of innocence, or for those lost souls who turn away from God or something.
There's no more forgiving, there's no-one to save
This is the line that struck me the most, especially with that "no more forgiving" part. Given that the next line describes a death, I'm thinking that there's a lot of hatred and blame towards someone considered responsible for said death. With that in mind, the part "there's no-one to save" may actually take on a meaning like "there's no-one to spare". Perhaps that's how the philosophy that the world is a machine fit only for the slaughtering of pigs came about.
For today darling Lily goes into her grave
This line is pretty obvious in its meaning.

So given all that, my personal theory is that Lily could be Oswald's daughter, and the girl we hear speaking at the beginning and end of the Halloween trailer. Somehow or another she dies (something alluded to in the last poem), and this death is a catalyst for the events of the rest of the story. Mandus probably responds with anger, given the third line, and begins to persecute the people he holds responsible, the "pigs". This is the theory I've held for a while, but this new poem pretty much confirmed it.
Sorry for my massive wall of text. I'll go retreat to my little corner now.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - MyRedNeptune - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 12:07 AM)Bridge Wrote: Btw, MRN, were you being sarcastic when you asked "how did he know I was Russian"? Says so right in your profile; Location: Moscow.

Of course, I was just joking around.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Spaceman - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 01:29 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 12:07 AM)Bridge Wrote: Btw, MRN, were you being sarcastic when you asked "how did he know I was Russian"? Says so right in your profile; Location: Moscow.

Ah I was going to visit Moscow this year with a friend. Pity we never got round to it. I might have seen a giant red planetoid walking around the prospekts Tongue

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - MyRedNeptune - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 01:54 PM)Spaceman Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 01:29 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:

Ah I was going to visit Moscow this year with a friend. Pity we never got round to it. I might have seen a giant red planetoid walking around the prospekts Tongue

Lol Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 01:11 PM)TheBik Wrote: Thrupenny sixpence sparrows and doves
Honestly, given the context, I have no idea what this line is supposed to mean.

This is what I felt, too. It seems a strange line unless it's something cryptic.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Romulator - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 02:30 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 01:11 PM)TheBik Wrote: Thrupenny sixpence sparrows and doves
Honestly, given the context, I have no idea what this line is supposed to mean.

This is what I felt, too. It seems a strange line unless it's something cryptic.

Threepenny and Sixpence are clearly currency; but is it quite possible that doves and/or sparrows have been used as bartering? I mean, if Lily is not Oswald's child, rather a human trafficking victim...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-07-2013

If they are not going to tell us the release date,I think they should at least make a pre-order button or something like that.Just my opinion,we waited long enough for this.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Sarcophagus - 05-07-2013

look at those guys that are keep talking about that threepenny and sixpence, it's like you're really gonna guess the release date.

wake up