Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Xbox one - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Xbox one (/thread-21573.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Xbox one - PutraenusAlivius - 06-16-2013

I'd bet that one guy suggests these ideas like "Hey, let's make the Disk to only your account and charge them 499!"

RE: Xbox one - Statyk - 06-16-2013

I'm just waiting to see the sales chart of the Xbox one after its release. I hope Microsoft will learn their lesson after this :I This is an embarrassing moment for them.

RE: Xbox one - Ghieri - 06-17-2013

(06-16-2013, 07:47 AM)Statyk Wrote: I'm just waiting to see the sales chart of the Xbox one after its release. I hope Microsoft will learn their lesson after this :I This is an embarrassing moment for them.

On Polycount, there seems to be more support for the XBone than on gamer forums. Probably because they are on the developer side of the equation.

I fear that this will fly more smoothly than we'll expect.

RE: Xbox one - Kman - 06-17-2013

lol of course developers are supporting it cause a vast majority of them are too lazy to try to change the way they market and sell games and the xbox one helps recement a system that has been dysfunctional for years now

RE: Xbox one - Traggey - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 05:15 AM)Kman Wrote: lol of course developers are supporting it cause a vast majority of them are too lazy to try to change the way they market and sell games and the xbox one helps recement a system that has been dysfunctional for years now

Uh, no. Not it.

I'm a frequent user of Polycount aswell as on the developer side of things, and just. No.

RE: Xbox one - Kreekakon - 06-17-2013

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

Quote:I suppose the only real damning thing about this kind of exposure is that Microsoft didn't even use “comparable specs" from the company providing them with video cards in their home console. For those of you who don't know the Xbox One will run on a modified AMD GPU that, according to Extreme Tech, is on the level of a mid-ranged Radeon 7790. I guess the 7790 wasn't powerful enough for the Xbox One's E3 games eh? They needed a real manly card like the GTX 780, eh?
Spoiler below!

[Image: _1371234169.jpg]

[Image: _1371234242.jpg]

giggity

RE: Xbox one - Yuhaney - 06-17-2013

I have an idea...
You can borrow the game to your friend once.

Why can't you just ask people to join your friends list for 30 days, ask them to pay and then "borrow" the game to them for eternity and delete them from your friends list.

If it works like this, you could basically sell them or trade them with someone.

RE: Xbox one - Kman - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 01:18 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 05:15 AM)Kman Wrote: lol of course developers are supporting it cause a vast majority of them are too lazy to try to change the way they market and sell games and the xbox one helps recement a system that has been dysfunctional for years now

Uh, no. Not it.

I'm a frequent user of Polycount aswell as on the developer side of things, and just. No.

Very much so actually. I don't know the community there or how they think/act but considering the mindset of a lot of developers when it comes to this stuff it really wouldn't surprise me. I already made a long ass rant about this here, but yeah unfortunately it really wouldn't surprise me if people are actually promoting the shitty policies and ideas behind the Xbox one because like I said, all they do are help recement a strategy that has been broken for years now instead of trying to look forward and adapt to these issues.

It's not fixing the problem it's just making it harder to fix once this sort of marketing system finally does cave in and people are forced to change. Not a very good idea imo

RE: Xbox one - Statyk - 06-18-2013

(06-17-2013, 06:36 PM)Kman Wrote: Very much so actually. I don't know the community there or how they think/act but considering the mindset of a lot of developers when it comes to this stuff it really wouldn't surprise me. I already made a long ass rant about this here, but yeah unfortunately it really wouldn't surprise me if people are actually promoting the shitty policies and ideas behind the Xbox one because like I said, all they do are help recement a strategy that has been broken for years now instead of trying to look forward and adapt to these issues.

It's not fixing the problem it's just making it harder to fix once this sort of marketing system finally does cave in and people are forced to change. Not a very good idea imo

As a person working to become a game dev, I honestly don't like this policy. It's pathetic. Why should a developer be paid twice or more for ONE product? That doesn't fly anywhere else in the world, but it does in games? What's happening to games? Where did the "made for fun" aspect go? I can understand profit, but you should make a product that sells a lot, not a product that struggles to sell, so to make money off that failing product, place a "re-purchase" on it. That IS a lazy and horrible way to market, no doubts about it.

Well look at it this way. Gamers are getting smarter, and chances are, the Xbox One is NOT going to sell well. That's pretty much unquestionable at this point, especially how Microsoft isn't changing anything about the X1 for the better. It's going to crash, and they'll be forced to revert to the right ways of doing things whether they like it or not. Otherwise they'll just keep losing money.

RE: Xbox one - Yuhaney - 06-18-2013

Last time I asked that question you just amde, I got comment which said "*facepalm*".