Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The Witcher 3 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Witcher 3 (/thread-21786.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: The Witcher 3 - Wooderson - 06-11-2014

I love the colour.

Without a doubt there will be dark areas, but personally I love colourful fantasy. Like Avatar colourful. Not having colour is a wasted opportunity.

RE: The Witcher 3 - Deep One - 06-11-2014

I also like the colour, a nice detour from gray-brown color pallette we see in almost every game. But yeah obviously it's not going to look that colorful all the time, thanks to dynamic weather and day night cycle

RE: The Witcher 3 - Googolplex - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 04:32 PM)Wooderson Wrote: I love the colour.

Without a doubt there will be dark areas, but personally I love colourful fantasy. Like Avatar colourful. Not having colour is a wasted opportunity.

I prefer the contrary.
Lovely colorized flowers and fantasy butterflies always gives the feeling that everything is good and there is no danger. Nothing evil in the world afflicting the population. I want to see impoverished people suffering and feel that the world is not in freedom. A hero should make sense.

A dirty architecture also would cause a better atmosphere.

Screenshots from the Gothic 3 pre-alpha (september 2005):
[Image: xebkpmr6.jpg]

[Image: 2spkl736.jpg]

RE: The Witcher 3 - Deep One - 06-11-2014

This you like? Wink

[Image: iCmrf86S2aU1A.gif]

RE: The Witcher 3 - Googolplex - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 05:16 PM)Deep One Wrote: This you like? Wink

[img]

Oh yes, something like this gloomy swamp.

RE: The Witcher 3 - Straxedix - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 05:16 PM)Deep One Wrote: This you like? ;)

[Image: iCmrf86S2aU1A.gif]

They see me walking,like a big boss,just a waiting for my sword...etc

Doesn't make any sense :/

RE: The Witcher 3 - Googolplex - 06-13-2014

Level Designer Peter Gelencser said in an interview that it will take at least 100 hours for a speedrun. Players who wanted to experience every aspect will need a lot more time.

Amnesia is 8-10 hours long, but a speedrun takes only 1-2 hours. That makes clear the dimensions of The Witcher 3.

RE: The Witcher 3 - Red - 06-13-2014

Geez, I wonder how long this game have been under development?
100 is long, even for speedrunner.

RE: The Witcher 3 - eliasfrost - 06-13-2014

Well Machine Games said Wolfenstein was 20 hour on a normal playthrough. I got through it in 6 hours or so. The same with Morrowind, a guy speedran that game in a couple of minutes. I doubt the players will need 100 hours to speedrun this game. They almost always blow these numbers up significantly.

RE: The Witcher 3 - Wooderson - 06-14-2014

I'm expecting general open world side quests which usually get repetitive and annoying. I think those can take up around 20 hours easily.