Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Very laggy problem :/ - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Very laggy problem :/ (/thread-2216.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Very laggy problem :/ - w91 - 08-29-2008

Hey guys
I have very lagggggy problem
my spec.

2,4 GHz proc.
2 GB ram
and x1650pro graphic card

drivers in version 7.12(catalyst)

penumbra requiem at my pc is "one big lag" not a game
i cant play this any more.
please help

sorry for my english i'm from poland ;p

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - Im_Sexy - 08-29-2008

indeed its a games problem. Ive lowered the settings to low and its the same.
In Overture on Black Plague i didnt have this problem. Its just another reason to not play the game anymore.

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - 3D_max - 08-29-2008

2.8 GHz Pentium 4
1 gig of ram
Radeon 2600 pro 512 mb

Lags(( not everywhere, but a lot...
I didn't have such problems in previous Penumbra games (I played on all MAX)
Lowering settings doesn't work...
So, how can i fix this?

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - w91 - 08-29-2008

maybe some patch do the job ?

im big fan of penumbra, i played both of last games
but on requiem ... ^^
please do something to do this right oke ?

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - GoDL1Ke - 08-29-2008

The developers gotta figure what's the problem and freaking fix it i want to play it without the lag.I don't know if i had a game with lag everything on low .This is my first one lol >Sad~

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - 3D_max - 08-29-2008

Level 9 is unplayable. it's like 3 FPS...
Please, developers, do something :'(

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - w91 - 08-29-2008

This game is one BIG LAG ! i want to play this
DO SOMETHING & FIX IT

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - Thomas - 08-30-2008

It seems like, for pervious Penumbra games, that lag can be reduced by making sure the desktop is not extended to a TV or second monitor. If you have a two monitor (or monitor-TV) setup try turning off the second unit.

Also, make sure not just to lower settings, but to lower the screen resolution too. Sometimes this will help a lot more than simply turning down the shader quality or something like that.

Another thing to do is to go into your graphics card settings and make sure that AA and AF is not forced to be on.

We have tried the game on pretty crappy computers and checked so it had decent frame then, so it should be able to run smoothly on most rigs. Unfortunely OpenGL drivers can be pretty strange at times :S We will look into this some more and see if we can do more things improve framerate.

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - GoDL1Ke - 08-30-2008

Thomas Wrote:It seems like, for pervious Penumbra games, that lag can be reduced by making sure the desktop is not extended to a TV or second monitor. If you have a two monitor (or monitor-TV) setup try turning off the second unit.

Also, make sure not just to lower settings, but to lower the screen resolution too. Sometimes this will help a lot more than simply turning down the shader quality or something like that.

Another thing to do is to go into your graphics card settings and make sure that AA and AF is not forced to be on.

We have tried the game on pretty crappy computers and checked so it had decent frame then, so it should be able to run smoothly on most rigs. Unfortunely OpenGL drivers can be pretty strange at times :S We will look into this some more and see if we can do more things improve framerate.

Thanks.We hope you find something and fix it Sad.

RE: Very laggy problem :/ - w91 - 08-30-2008

nothing changes ... still need patch Sad
i have one monitor
i do everything with game options & graphic card
still same sh*t Sad