Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia (/thread-22349.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Googolplex - 08-07-2013

As we know Amnesia was designed for immersion. But how good does it really work in Amnesia? I think there are a lot things breaking down the immersion ---> I mentioned the text formulation the player reads to hinself etc.

Of course, I felt very good immersed, but compared to Penumbra it was a step backwards and there are some other games I felt more immersed.

For me this games are:

- Penumbra series
- Gothic series
- Risen
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
- Dragon's Lair 3D
- Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed

Amnesia is one of my favorite games of all time, but even a racing game could have better immersion. I think, it's not the only masterpiece in this case. Or how do you feel? Is there a game you felt more immersed than in Amnesia?

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - PutraenusAlivius - 08-07-2013

Just Penumbra.

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Nice - 08-07-2013

none but the second next to amnesia is probably skyrim

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Neelke - 08-07-2013

Probably just Penumbra. Frictional Games is really good with immersing

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Ashtoreth - 08-07-2013

Viscera Cleanup Detail

Spoiler below!
j/k

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Gharren - 08-07-2013

Penumbra, probably Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and Fallout: New Vegas.

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - cantremember - 08-07-2013

Skyrim I think.
Penumbra was more immersive for me than Amnesia. Mostly because you could read Philip's thoughts on everything you could 'look' at, and I never cared about the diary notes left around in Amnesia. They were about desert excursions prior to the game and just some distant backstory to me whereas Penumbra's notes outlined the fate of poor souls trapped in the facility.

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - HarshlyCritical - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 03:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Amnesia is one of my favorite games of all time, but even a racing game could have better immersion.

I really don't understand this statement. It seems like such a flagrantly ridiculous comparison. But based on what I just read in that thread you linked (assuming you are "Minecrawler") I have to say I don't really think that we have the same definition of "immersion."

It seems that you think that immersion is solely the game's burden. But I think you have to use your imagination in tandem, otherwise no game is immersive. Little things like hints phrased in the second-person instead of first-person do not bother me.

As far as my personal fav, no game has come close to the level of immersion I found in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Deep One - 08-07-2013

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Penumbra maybe
Witcher 1 and 2 were damn immersive too

RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - Froge - 08-07-2013

jrpgs