Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Less Interactivity than before? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Less Interactivity than before? (/thread-22675.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - samueljustice00 - 09-06-2013

Making things scalable is much much easier said than done. Hell, look how long it takes to build a scalable rendering engine alone. Of course we would've liked to, but TCR are no AAA studio unfortunately.

Spoiler below!
But hey, you have a billiards minigame Wink

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - Ossie - 09-06-2013

(09-05-2013, 11:15 PM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: I'm hoping the atmosphere is enough so that a lack of physics is easily ignored.

But .......... there isn't any lack of physics. You can still pick up objects, throw chairs around (if you really can't resist), etc.

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - samueljustice00 - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 08:55 AM)Ossie Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 11:15 PM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: I'm hoping the atmosphere is enough so that a lack of physics is easily ignored.

But .......... there isn't any lack of physics. You can still pick up objects, throw chairs around (if you really can't resist), etc.
Exactly this, of course you can interact with stuff in the world. Just not absolutely everything.

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - Statyk - 09-06-2013

I'm starting to get the feeling something like this topic shouldn't be discussed if nothing is really too different. People take it to the extreme and think the whole world is glued to the floor. Perhaps if the interactivity level is roughly the same as before, it shouldn't be brought up, for the better. I mean, it's not like not being able to pick up a candle is going to be any different to players... There were plenty of objects in TDD that couldn't be interacted with and looked like they could.

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - fancreeper - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 05:03 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'm starting to get the feeling something like this topic shouldn't be discussed if nothing is really too different. People take it to the extreme and think the whole world is glued to the floor. Perhaps if the interactivity level is roughly the same as before, it shouldn't be brought up, for the better. I mean, it's not like not being able to pick up a candle is going to be any different to players... There were plenty of objects in TDD that couldn't be interacted with and looked like they could.

Oswald is weak...there, probblem solved!

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - fede91fede - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 05:14 PM)fancreeper Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 05:03 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'm starting to get the feeling something like this topic shouldn't be discussed if nothing is really too different. People take it to the extreme and think the whole world is glued to the floor. Perhaps if the interactivity level is roughly the same as before, it shouldn't be brought up, for the better. I mean, it's not like not being able to pick up a candle is going to be any different to players... There were plenty of objects in TDD that couldn't be interacted with and looked like they could.

Ahahah. +1

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - Clord - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 05:14 PM)fancreeper Wrote:

Made up quote incoming.

"I just moved these giant boulders and you expect me to lift a book?" - Mandus

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - maarten12100 - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 09:23 PM)Clord Wrote: Oswald is weak...there, probblem solved!

Made up quote incoming.

"I just moved these giant boulders and you expect me to lift a book?" - Mandus
[/quote]
If they would bring back the mind that Philips had I would be so happy.

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - Cuyir - 09-06-2013

Clarence was a douche....

RE: Less Interactivity than before? - Potato - 09-07-2013

(09-06-2013, 05:14 PM)fancreeper Wrote: Oswald is weak...there, probblem solved!
Oswald seriously doesn't lift. Makes sense why he can't pick up a potted plant.