Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
AMFP Member Review Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: AMFP Member Review Thread (/thread-22825.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Kman - 09-12-2013

(09-10-2013, 06:34 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I'd give it a 7.5-8/10. I liked the atmosphere, story and writing, loved the soundtrack and sound design, however the pacing and the gameplay was pretty sloppy.

missed this

nailed it

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - JarrodTheBobo - 09-12-2013

Ah finished the game in a little over 3 hours, and ah did not rush this at all. Ah was really hoping for a great game to come out of this, from all the hype it was getting, and how amazing TDD was! Ah waited for this game ever since ah finished TDD and it feels like ah've been completely let down and betrayed.

The atmosphere, was good, granted, and so were the graphics. The scenery was nice, and the outside areas were a nice change, but the game was WAY too short, the monsters were very underwhelming and silly, the game mechanics sucked compared to TDD...no hiding...no inventory...infinite lantern? what the hell? It felt like a dumbed down version of TDD... and the biggest most important part of all in the Amnesia series; the horror, the scares, they were all missing. There wasn't one time when ah played this game where ah felt scared, or that the safety of Mandus was in jeopardy. Ah didn't jump OCNE, ah didn't get nervous or anything of the sort, ONCE.

It feels like a giant rip-off for the $20 it is sold for (Ah payed 15 since ah preordered the damn thing SINCE AH'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT AND REALLY WANTING IT.) And ah honestly, would really like my money back. Ah've never been more unsatisfied and disappointed about any game before, than ah am for AMFP.

Save your money and just buy penumbra + TDD. Actually, go ahead and buy Outlast, that game was actually scary.

TDD 9/10
AMFP 3/10

p.s Seriously, ah'd like a refund.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Alardem - 09-12-2013

Oh, go stick your head in a pig. You're not a redneck.

(09-12-2013, 03:43 AM)Alardem Wrote: Oh, go stick your head in a pig. You're not a redneck.

How old are you boy? Seriously, talking down to me due to the fact that Ah replace a single fucking word in my vocabulary with the word AH instead of I. Seriously, grow the hell up.

You also are probably acting like a jackass because you blindly loved this game correct? And you find it perfect AND AMAAAAAAAAZINGGGGGGGGGG WOOO FAN BOYS WOOO.

It sucked.

It was a huge let down.

It was NOT an Amnesia game, in my book.

There were no scares.

The story was predictable.

The lighting was meh.

It was SHORT AS HELL.

IT WAS A FUCKING WALKING SIMULATOR LIKE THE REST OF TCR'S GAMES.

And Ah'd appreciate it if you didn't attack someone based on the way they speak/ type you ignorant little waste of oxygen.

I love you too.

(09-12-2013, 04:02 AM)Alardem Wrote: I love you too.

And my point hath been proven.

(09-12-2013, 04:06 AM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 04:02 AM)Alardem Wrote: I love you too.

And my point hath been proven.

1/10, please troll again.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Kman - 09-12-2013

really stimulating discussion here guys keep it up

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Kein - 09-12-2013

It kinda funny, but looking back to past experience I recall similar case with Silent Hill series. Most of the disappointed people are these who expected old good Amnesia from Pigs, which is understandable, because the game bears the same title. This reminded me of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Despite being a good game, it wasn't exactly Silent Hill. As a standalone game it would be amazing, but people expected what they would expect from SH game. Exactly the same situation here.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - restlessdreams - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 05:25 AM)Kein Wrote: It kinda funny, but looking back to past experience I recall similar case with Silent Hill series. Most of the disappointed people are these who expected old good Amnesia from Pigs, which is understandable, because the game bears the same title. This reminded me of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Despite being a good game, it wasn't exactly Silent Hill. As a standalone game it would be amazing, but people expected what they would expect from SH game. Exactly the same situation here.

That is a seriously perfect comparison I can completely understand, being a fan of both series. Although admittedly I quite enjoyed Shattered Memories, while AMFP kind of left me a tinge sad with the end result. But when I think of it in that way, it does help me to appreciate it in another way.