Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
AMFP Member Review Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: AMFP Member Review Thread (/thread-22825.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Fortigurn - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 02:58 AM)Nuits Grace Wrote: Complaining about the game.

Know Your Meme.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Cuyir - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 03:06 AM)Fortigurn Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 02:58 AM)Nuits Grace Wrote: Complaining about the game.

Know Your Meme.

I know about the meme but since it was spanish I thought i'd let him know.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - SliceAndDice - 09-23-2013

(09-22-2013, 11:33 PM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 05:07 PM)BigShell Wrote: [trying too hard]

A pig's fart is funnier than you.

Was it supposed to be funny? :[ I thought it was overly harsh. Or was he just trying to troll people that criticised the game? Questions over questions...

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Alardem - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 06:47 PM)SliceAndDice Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 11:33 PM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 05:07 PM)BigShell Wrote: [trying too hard]

A pig's fart is funnier than you.

Was it supposed to be funny? :[ I thought it was overly harsh. Or was he just trying to troll people that criticised the game? Questions over questions...

All I know is that he was trying way too hard to appear witty.

Stupid Options - Plazmater - 09-23-2013

I would like to know why some of you must be so hard to A:AMFP. I saw few of guys saying this game is pointless , stupid... I know that everyone has his own opinion , but i would respect answers like ´´it is not as good as first Amnesia but still very good´´... not ´´this game is whole dissapointment´´ or ´´why they gave this game to TCR to make it´´. You know i think too its not as terrifying but i dont give a single s..t. It has amazing atmosphere and story , better than TDD IMO. Also soundtrack is not terrifying because its not Mikko Tarmia , Its Jessica Curry which made more epic soundtracks , and i felt sadness by playing this game and listening to those soundtracks and story , so it was more touching my feelings. And by seeing few of threads about dissapointment with ... stupid options , then i feel very bad for TCR taking their time to make this game.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Paddy™ - 09-23-2013

Previous post merged Wink

EDIT: and the following post.

honest opinion: game worth - Doomed316 - 09-23-2013

Yes the game is worth the buy if your into the story. It is scary but that's assuming you go in completely blind without watching the first 30 minutes of it (YouTube was saturated by it). I would say this game is not the first to get this type of criticism. I looked at penumbra black plagues steam hub and there are some that say it is boring but I honestly thought it was very good (I haven't beaten it yet). AAMFP is more along the line of penumbra and amnesia in my opinion. I feel it has that WTF HAPEENED HERE type of feel when you start because Mandus is completely lost in his own mind. He can't tell what it right and what is wrong, he is unable to decide what to do and finds himself being the one thing that determines if the world will live or die. The same thing occurred in penumbra black plague with the main character turning against the viruses orders and asking the military to bomb the facility with him inside. Though almost all of frictional.games (now one by the Chinese room), have this sad/redeeming ending when the main character sacrifices his life or punishes himself for his sins. This game may not have all the nice mechanic that penumbra and amnesia had but its story and its atmosphere are what makes it great. I truly love supporting indie developers over big triple A game developers who pump out a new sequal of the last sequal every year (yes I'm looking at tryarah and infinity ward). There are times I wish game developers like croteam were given a chance to develope a game like call of duty, maybe it would be different? Maybe if TCR and FG created a resident evil game, it would be better. What I am saying is that this game is worth it for its art and its need to break away from the same tired out concept. This is my opinion which means it is not finale nor is it set in stone. So please feel free to reply. Heck you can even reply negatively, but avoid blowing this thread up with hate and stuff for TCR and FG, it will end up closed if that happens.

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - AdamD - 09-24-2013

(09-23-2013, 02:06 AM)Blue Machine Wrote: ¿Amnesia?: A Machine for fools / Dear Esther 2

Este juego no debería llamarse Amnesia ya que es una falta de respeto a su predecesor. Es una falta de respeto por parte de Frictional Games dejar intervenir a The Chinese Room para utilizar un juego titulado Amnesia sobre todo porque se lo confunde con The Dark Descent y no tiene nada que ver al anterior.

Este juego es totalmente lineal, no hay que pensar, los monstruos no asustan a nadie, no hay que resolver puzzles, no hay inventario, el farol es infinito, etc.

En resumen, es un juego muy corto, aburrido, donde sentiremos que somos parte de un cuento aburrido.

Lo mejor: terminarlo, de esta manera nos olvidaremos pronto de un juego que no deja nada.
Lo peor: comprarlo o al comienzo del juego creer que es parecido al ATDD o al menos un Survival Horror.

Nota: 4 (para ser generoso)

Solo una cosita tío: este es un foro de habla inglesa, así que venir aquí y ponerte a hablar en español hará que tu opinión solo sea entendible para aquellos que seamos españoles o lo hablen (y creo que somos pocos).

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - Kreekakon - 09-25-2013

Please try, and keep your posts in English so that most of us won't have to go, and learn 3+ languages D:

RE: AMFP Member Review Thread - pinkribbonscars - 09-25-2013

The metacritic user scores are giving me cancer. Most of them sound like they were written by 11 year olds.