Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Disappointed with AAMFP - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Disappointed with AAMFP (/thread-22831.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - cantremember - 09-24-2013

I agree A machine for Pigs wasn't the game I expected (or wanted it) to be. But there's no point in trying to change it now.

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - Atwa - 09-24-2013

I don't understand where all the complaints come from.

YES the game is different, so what? Would you rather thechineseroom tried to imitate and recreate the first game the best they could or that they made their own take on it? They probably couldn't do it as well even if they tried, instead they had their own vision. Why is change such a negative concept to gamers. Its not Amnesia 2 and whatever Frictional Games is working on won't be affected in the slightest.

If you don't like it thats fine but stinking down these forums about it just makes you look like a complete jerk.

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - PutraenusAlivius - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 02:06 PM)Atwa Wrote: I don't understand where all the complaints come from.

YES the game is different, so what? Would you rather thechineseroom tried to imitate and recreate the first game the best they could or that they made their own take on it? They probably couldn't do it as well even if they tried, instead they had their own vision. Why is change such a negative concept to gamers. Its not Amnesia 2 and whatever Frictional Games is working on won't be affected in the slightest.

If you don't like it thats fine but stinking down these forums about it just makes you look like a complete jerk.

This. This my friend, YOU ARE THE MAN! +1

But some people think that sequels must be the same at the first.

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - icreatedthisaccount4u - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 02:06 PM)Atwa Wrote: I don't understand where all the complaints come from.

I haven't really voiced my complaints here other than my first reply to this thread but i just want to say that a big part of why people (or at least me) are a bit disappointed with the game is because it has the name Amnesia in it's title and most of the marketing implied that it would be Amnesia 2. People were expecting Amnesia and they got something a bit different. Not that the game is bad but i feel a bit misled. Undecided

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - Mechavomit - 09-24-2013

I personally feel that sequels have to be at least similar as the first. I had my own problems with AMFP, the didn't include the fact that it's psychological, or anything, but I can understand people who complain that it feels too different.

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - Atwa - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 02:30 PM)icreatedthisaccount4u Wrote: I haven't really voiced my complaints here other than my first reply to this thread but i just want to say that a big part of why people (or at least me) are a bit disappointed with the game is because it has the name Amnesia in it's title and most of the marketing implied that it would be Amnesia 2. People were expecting Amnesia and they got something a bit different. Not that the game is bad but i feel a bit misled. Undecided

You made yourself misled, the title and change of developer should tell you exactly what to expect.

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - Kein - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 11:48 AM)TheUnbeholden Wrote: I actually blame Frictional Games more than chineseroom. They where incharge of quality control. They should have tested the game and knew that it wasn't anywhere near as scary as the game should be. They knew it it barely had any enemy encounters (I count 2), and when it did, it fell flat. They should have picked up on the chineseroom's inexperience and improved the game. Frictional games didn't fulfill their role.

These kind of posts and accusations will never fail to entertain me:
[Image: ZNEIlRT.gif]

"But but.... muh expectations!"

Well, they are yours, do whatever you want with them.

RE: Disappointed in Frictional Games - Alardem - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 02:36 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: I personally feel that sequels have to be at least similar as the first. I had my own problems with AMFP, the didn't include the fact that it's psychological, or anything, but I can understand people who complain that it feels too different.

I personally feel that sequels shouldn't be identical copies of their predecessors.

RE: Disappointed with AAMFP - blueberry - 09-24-2013

I've lost faith in humanity...

RE: Disappointed with AAMFP - Googolplex - 09-24-2013

The game is fine the way it is, but I even want to improve it. That doesn't mean I was disappointed - in contrary! I just want to make good things even better. And with this I mean bugs fixing, optimizing and probably the interaction back.