Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-52.html)
+--- Thread: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) (/thread-22832.html)

Pages: 1 2

Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - TwinGhosts - 09-10-2013

I have done some reading and checking, but nothing helped me so far and I guess that there are more people who will have the same problem.

When I run the game via Steam it will load a blackscreen for a second and then goes to the Crash handler/

(UNPLUGGING didnt work for me! I did restart as well)
(Everything is up to date as far as drivers go)

I will include my HPL.log and crash screenshot here

http://puu.sh/4nICb.png (BlackBox)

Vcard : NVIDIA GTX 570M
Win7 64x

-running on a laptop
-Can't open the Config launcher either

I do have to go in a moment, but I will be back soon (2/3 hours from now), but I thought I'd show my problem

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - YoYo - 09-10-2013

It can be any USB connection like cameras, keyboard ect. Poor start.

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - TwinGhosts - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 10:29 AM)YoYo Wrote: It can be any USB connection like cameras, keyboard ect. Poor start.

Yes I know, Im playing on a laptop and even disconnected my USB mouse (tried headset and power adaptor as well)

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - jens - 09-10-2013

This error is something else, possibly that you try to run the game as 1024*768 in fullscreen and that the monitor does not support it. Try running in a window and see if that helps, then try fullscreen native resolution. Also try to update the drivers for the graphics card if the previous solutions does not help.

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - summit - 09-10-2013

Don't forget to close your antivirus and other unnecessary background programs while you are playing the game. You can open them again when you finished playing Pigs.

I tried to run it with all useless (for this game) programs closed and with my antivirus turned completly off.

Everything is running on the latest updates as well

I also can't open my aamfp settings launcher it will pretend to run for a moment and nothing happens (steam says that Im playing aampf when I use the config option instead of play) but then it stops without showing anything

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - summit - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 10:51 AM)TwinGhosts Wrote: I tried to run it with all useless (for this game) programs closed and with my antivirus turned completly off.

Everything is running on the latest updates as well

I also can't open my aamfp settings launcher it will pretend to run for a moment and nothing happens (steam says that Im playing aampf when I use the config option instead of play) but then it stops without showing anything
So you can open launcher because Steam tells you are already playing?

Sorry for the late response, but it seems to be running for a moment since my friends get a message that im playing it (which stops after around 5 6 seconds) but i dont get to see anything, not even a blackscreen or options menu.

I could try to make a video of me trying to Play it and Accessing the Config settings if that would help

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - plutomaniac - 09-10-2013

Your graphics card drivers may be corrupted or you are using an unsupported resolution.

The crash dump clearly states Nvidia driver files causing the crash. So do as I said.

RE: Acces Violation (Crash right when starting) - TwinGhosts - 09-11-2013

(09-10-2013, 08:15 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Your graphics card drivers may be corrupted or you are using an unsupported resolution.

The crash dump clearly states Nvidia driver files causing the crash. So do as I said.

I reinstalled my driver and it worked, I did have the latest one but it was probably corrupt then I guess. Thanks alot for the quick support