Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? (/thread-22865.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Kein - 09-10-2013

This is just for statistical purposes only (that's why bipolar choices), I need some data, will explain later. Please post your own opinions, at last one sentence, after you voted.

You are free to discuss subject as well, but don't forget to vote or/and post your opinion as well before joining conversation.

P.S. I dunno why there are two extra "r" in first poll option.

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Kreekakon - 09-10-2013

Moved to AMFP General Discussion.

As for the puzzles...I feel they were done ok enough. They could've been a bit more varied, but I'm leaning towards "good".

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Zgroktar - 09-10-2013

What puzzles Smile ?

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - eliasfrost - 09-10-2013

There were puzzles? I thought it was menial tasks to prolong the otherwise short game?

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Kein - 09-10-2013

Kreekakon
Thanks man, I asked Traggey but it seems like he already left forums, haha.

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Mastersarge - 09-10-2013

There were puzzles?

PFFFBBBTTTT

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Alex Ros - 09-10-2013

I think I prefer these puzzles. Argument is that AMFP puzzles aren't usual game puzzles, but strict interactions with the virtual world and items. It doesn't feels anymore like you're playing a game and time has to solve a puzzle. Now you're just playing on and on and there's no dividation of gameplay types, everything is chained into one solid experience.

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - bluel0bster - 09-10-2013

"It's okay, just like in Dark Descent" You're saying the puzzles in TDD were just OK?

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Thief1337 - 09-10-2013

The puzzles in AAMFP are way too easy. The "hints" in the notes/documents you find are really too obvious about upcoming puzzles. I felt like they were step-by-step guides for the puzzles. There's not much thinking involved. It seems like the game was meant to be an emotional experience more than a thought-out experience. It's not even close, IMO, to be as scary as ATDD. It's kinda obvious TCR worked on this one. For only 4 hours of gameplay, it wasn't worth that long wait IMO.

RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - Derxor - 09-11-2013

I admit I did get stuck once, but the non-inventory system made anything interactible "important". But this isn't a bad thing for me, scince I REALLY suck at puzzles haha, but i still like them challenging, so I gave it a too easy.