Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
How long it took you to finish the game? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: How long it took you to finish the game? (/thread-22907.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - Tesseract - 09-10-2013

I had the game running for 7 hours, I was very thorough in my playthrough and I also had to take a number of breaks.

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - Oscar House - 09-10-2013

Four and a half. Enough for me.

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - Derxor - 09-11-2013

It's not a race guys, I've been playing 3 hours so far and I'm gonna give it a rest untill tomorrow night. Again, it's not a race. I would recommend you guys to play it again and read the notes, there might be something you missed.

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - gruzz - 09-11-2013

Played it on 4.5h .. way to fast, should have stopped for the notes!

(09-11-2013, 12:50 AM)Derxor Wrote: It's not a race guys, I've been playing 3 hours so far and I'm gonna give it a rest untill tomorrow night. Again, it's not a race. I would recommend you guys to play it again and read the notes, there might be something you missed.

Totally agree it's not a race, but it's a lot of notes to read, some of the words are pretty tricky, and the notes are pretty long. However, i will surely play another round and read the notes better, as i didn't quite get the story.. Some parts of it is still a mystery to me.

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - LHudson - 09-11-2013

Just finished it on a fairly relaxed playthrough, and FRAPS has clocked me in at 3 hours and 1 minute. Time to compress 112GB of data Big Grin fun fun fun

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - Derxor - 09-11-2013

5-6 hours for me. I'll play it again another day actually inmersing myself in the story (although i did play it entirely in the dark, unlike TDD which I had to play douring daylight cause I was to scared lol)

Tomorrow I'll do a speed run once everything is in place. Hopefully I'll be able to compress that time Big Grin

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - bluel0bster - 09-11-2013

(09-11-2013, 12:50 AM)Derxor Wrote: It's not a race guys, I've been playing 3 hours so far and I'm gonna give it a rest untill tomorrow night. Again, it's not a race. I would recommend you guys to play it again and read the notes, there might be something you missed.

I spent all afternoon on it, finished in four hours. I did read all the notes as well. Main difference I think between the 4-5 hour range and those who took longer is how much time they spent exploring; I found the narrative compelling enough to save exhaustive exploration for a second play through, though I feel confident I saw everything.

For a £13 game, 3 hours can be forgiven. Heck I've paid 4 times that amount for a 4 hour game.

RE: How long it took you to finish the game? - Kotch - 09-11-2013

In one sitting it took me 4 hours to beat, and I'm one of those people that searches everything because I don't want to miss something. I even read every note that I could find.

That's why I can't comprehend how it's taking some people like 7 hours to complete. Didn't they even say the game should take you about 6 or 7 hours, depending on how you play?