Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
A Mod for Pigs - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: A Mod for Pigs (/thread-22939.html)

Pages: 1 2

A Mod for Pigs - palistov - 09-11-2013

AMFP modding no longer relevant. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-23378.html

I still plan on making the full conversion tool, but for TDD

While there's no custom story support for AMFP, full conversions can be done. Right now I'm working on a tool which "mounts" conversions (and the default game itself) that the executable will run when launched. It will also provide an easy way to create your own full conversion in its own directory.

The tool is in its early stages but I've already successfully loaded up a simple full conversion mod. In the coming days I'll also document the script functions as best I can.

(SPOILER ALERT!)
You can see the list parsed from aamfp.exe here

I haven't played through AMFP yet but I'm pretty sure there are new entity types and such, which the HPL2 tools probably won't recognize. Not sure how to handle this. Creating our own tool for that is a possibility but is much easier said than done.

I'll also probably need the help of a few testers to help debug and test the tool. Just be prepared to re-install your game if any crippling corruption occurs.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or concerns. Smile

RE: A Mod for Pigs - Tomato Cat - 09-11-2013

Sounds awesome. If you need any help, I'm game. =)

RE: A Mod for Pigs - Alex Ros - 09-11-2013

Hi there,
Just an offer to make things easier. Maybe, it could be wise to wait for an Update of the Dark Descent? And only after that event it would be much easier to create a tool for making mods on a Machine for Pigs (aka isolated total conversions). Anyway, it's absolutely up to you what and when to do. It's just a very friendly offer.

RE: A Mod for Pigs - palistov - 09-11-2013

Yea I was considering doing this for the Dark Descent as well, but the tool would be a bit different. Also there is functionality available through script that most certainly won't make it to TDD, because it specifically relates to AMFP. And I'm also concerned that some of the neat new functions I parsed might not make it to TDD also.

RE: A Mod for Pigs - Alex Ros - 09-11-2013

I think you misunderstood me or my English is just too bad. I was not offering to make a tool for making isolated total conversions for TDD. No. I was offering to wait for update of TDD Jens (Frictional) told of. Presumably, that update would inject new AMFP entities into TDD HPL Editor. But I am not sure, nobody knows for sure (except Frictional themselves) what that update of TDD would be in particular.

Ты случайно не русскоговорящий?

Dear moderators I am very sorry for non-English language, but whole thread is so important, that I hope you would agree to close your eyes for a moment. Honestly, just for a couple of phrases, not more.

RE: A Mod for Pigs - palistov - 09-12-2013

I understood you Smile I was just mentioning that I am considering making something similar for TDD since full conversion mods are so popular. And even if they do let us use AMFP entities and assets in TDD, there is cool functionality in AMFP that I'm sure some modders would want to use. And I doubt they'll add this functionality to TDD in the update. And if they do, whatever, I'll just rework the tool to be used for TDD or something.

RE: A Mod for Pigs - HorrorElementFilms - 09-12-2013

I tried opening the AMFP map files in HPL 2, and I could only see a handfull of models, some monster paths, and a shit ton of area boxes.

I tried moving all the texture and model content from AMFP folder, and moving it to TDD, and that didn't help either. :/

RE: A Mod for Pigs - Alex Ros - 09-12-2013

Oookey, mr.Palistov. Anyway you're doing something nobody else doing, not to mention that doing anything at all is quite a rare thing, most of us just bla-bla-bla. So I wish you good luck! No jokes, Sincerely.

RE: A Mod for Pigs - palistov - 09-12-2013

Haha thanks Alex.

HorrorElement why not try moving the HPL editor suite into the Machine for Pigs folder? I haven't tried working on any maps yet but I'm sure that would work.

RE: A Mod for Pigs - DamnNoHtml - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 02:34 AM)palistov Wrote: Haha thanks Alex.

HorrorElement why not try moving the HPL editor suite into the Machine for Pigs folder? I haven't tried working on any maps yet but I'm sure that would work.

I tried it; missing neccessary DLLs. Copied DLLs from TDD folder and it just crashed upon starting.