Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[SPOILER] Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: [SPOILER] Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* (/thread-22974.html)

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Alardem - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 08:31 AM)Tobi Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:18 AM)Alardem Wrote: Are his sons zombies?
That would be a twist. But they seem to behave like normal children going by their own journals.

I'm now back in the Factory offices and noted more closely the note about how the offices were designed to be a facade for the factory to make people believe there was a workforce, even though there really isn't one (not a human one).

Also found another Mandus journal from August which he talks about how he hired engineers to built a lot of the machinery since they talked about their experiences constructing the London underground. That's where he mentions the Architect of his that talked of a Giant Iron Egg at the center of the Earth.

Near the end of Justine, you're forced to wander through a chamber filled with insane messages. Among them are messages like:

Gluttony
Spin the wheels crank the engine
What will that perfect sphere bring?
They who burrow waits beneath
The skinless one is waking
I am emerging
Plummet through the ancient city
Oh father

I'm not sure if Pinchbeck or Frictional had anything like this in mind when writing AMFP, but those messages definitely take upon a new meaning now...

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Draug - 09-12-2013

Here's a shot of the "other" pig enemy. I think it's the one whos arm we saw in a picture. Is this one of the "older creations"?
Spoiler below!

[Image: BT78B7UCMAAk7Ui.png:large]

(09-12-2013, 08:35 AM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:31 AM)Tobi Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:18 AM)Alardem Wrote: Are his sons zombies?
That would be a twist. But they seem to behave like normal children going by their own journals.

I'm now back in the Factory offices and noted more closely the note about how the offices were designed to be a facade for the factory to make people believe there was a workforce, even though there really isn't one (not a human one).

Also found another Mandus journal from August which he talks about how he hired engineers to built a lot of the machinery since they talked about their experiences constructing the London underground. That's where he mentions the Architect of his that talked of a Giant Iron Egg at the center of the Earth.

Near the end of Justine, you're forced to wander through a chamber filled with insane messages. Among them are messages like:

Gluttony
Spin the wheels crank the engine
What will that perfect sphere bring?
They who burrow waits beneath
The skinless one is waking
I am emerging
Plummet through the ancient city
Oh father

I'm not sure if Pinchbeck or Frictional had anything like this in mind when writing AMFP, but those messages definitely take upon a new meaning now...

I remember FG twitterd one day before the release of aamfp:
"Until #aamfp is live, make sure you have played Amnesia: Justine! It is a short & free DLC that is accessed by a button in TDDConfused launcher."

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - tickldkfiifo - 09-12-2013

It makes me wonder what other notes/logs from Amnesia TDD and Justine can be connected to amfp.

Maybe worth checking out!

I've also always had the notion that there was more to Justine's insanity than meets the eye - remember that she killed her father with a 'star-shaped soapstone', and that paranormal artifacts in this universe tend to unravel your grasp on reality.

There are, however, no explicit references to the Florbelles or indeed anything about the French that I can think of in AMFP. Oh well.

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Kotch - 09-12-2013

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this seems like a pretty good explanation to me.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239200/discussions/0/864978110256751612/

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Kreekakon - 09-12-2013

I think I'm insanely late with this, and you have all probably seen this by now:

Spoiler below!
[Image: rPOIUTS.jpg]

This most definitely sounds like he's talking about Daniel, and the Grunt.

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - APSS2013 - 09-12-2013

What is all this about "pigs in their own cages doing their own thing."?

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Kreekakon - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 12:12 PM)APSS2013 Wrote: What is all this about "pigs in their own cages doing their own thing."?

I believe the "pigs" are actually modified people who are factory workers for the machine.

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Geoff - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 12:12 PM)APSS2013 Wrote: What is all this about "pigs in their own cages doing their own thing."?

Well, I'll put it in spoilers incase people get mad.

Spoiler below!
After the decontamination room in the sewers, the next area is still sewers but it is an area where all the pigs seem to live. There are some spots with windows you can open and the pigs are sleeping or playing. It's all pretty neat.

(09-12-2013, 12:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I think I'm insanely late with this, and you have all probably seen this by now:

Spoiler below!
[Image: rPOIUTS.jpg]

This most definitely sounds like he's talking about Daniel, and the Grunt.

Daniel performed experiments?