Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Shambles - 09-30-2013

I can't even get enemy entity files into the model editor, everything else works perfectly, but any NPCs make the level editor crash. That, and I need to tweak the lantern, it keeps starting out HUGE.

Alright, I took out .msh and .anm files, but the only thing I can import to the model editor is a DAE of one of the kids, the rest don't show. Help? I'm a little new to making new entity files.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Daemian - 09-30-2013

Testing update AmnesiaPatchTest130930.zip

Two things:

1. Patrik, your download link points to AmnesiaPatchTest130927.zip, maybe you meant AmnesiaPatchTest130930.zip ?

2. Without the sounds folder from mfp, enemies play grunt sounds.
I thought i should mention that issue. It's not an update problem.

I'm testing an old cs in a minute.

edit:

I played 20 mins of two cs and made it to the end of one, and nothing bad happened.
I also played the campaign all the way to the lurker and everything was fine.

I tested everything i could think of, inventory, items, lantern, enemies, textures, etc.
I found nothing wrong.

Additionally, i think the loading times between levels were reduced, was that intended or was it just my impression?
Some loaded in 1 second, others in 3~4 max.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - The chaser - 09-30-2013

I know it might be a bit late, but I have requests:

-If possible, could there be a special option in the Model Editor that loaded stuff from Blender? Like:

-Open

-Import Mesh (Maya and others)
-Import Blendermesh (.blenderdae)

This .blenderdae would still be a .dae, but re-named (like the .dae_anim animations)

Blender users would love that Smile

(I understand if it's not possible to do, it has to be complicated)

-I also miss something: Is it possible to make a script that changes the color and properties of a FogArea, not the global fog?

-There's a bug in lighting: If a BoxLight is larger than 500 if you look around some weird triangles will begin to appear, it's like if the computer swallowed the environment. If it was fixed, I (and the modding community) could make HUGE environments (I have weakness for mountains and nature)

Maybe it's already too late, but being able to make performance zones? For performance: instead making a whole culling fog, a completely clear level with portals: The modder could assign the objects that belonged to a performance zone: When the player were near or it almost saw the zone, it would appear. This would be good for large levels were having a fog looks ugly.

I hope I explain myself, like if the level was divided in several zones, and when you couldn't see one, automatically making the culling effect.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Alex Ros - 09-30-2013

Is that UPDATE would be included into a patch for a Machine for Pigs? Or would it be released just for modders as an updated HPL editor? I presume the answer is the second option (updated HPL editor), but just want to be sure.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Tychaos - 10-01-2013

I have just realized now that for whatever reason my manpigs are unable to smash down doors and will just keep running into it! Is there any way i can fix this?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-01-2013

New version is up!

Fixes
  • Added AttachPropToProp function that works exactly like AddAttachedPropToProp but without the afRotZ bug. The old version still works the same as it always has but will be removed from the Engine Scripts wiki page and puts a warning in the log file.
  • Fixed bug related to destroying attached props (this includes using ReplaceEntity on an attached prop). It would be greatly appreciated if as many of you as possible could test this as it's not a trivial fix that might still have issues.
  • Added a checkbox to the debug menu for displaying errors and warnings directly in the debug message output. Please have this checked while testing the update.
  • Fixed model editor crashing when an invalid type of entity is loaded. It will now give a proper error message.

Stuff I need more info on (Please let me know if you have any!)
  • Using an image in SetupLoadScreen makes it impossible to go between maps.
    Still unable to reproduce. Anyone have more info on this?
  • New Level Editor crashes when changing textures for primitives.
    Unable to reproduce.
  • AMFP models in MansionBase category not rotated correctly.
    Unable to reproduce, could use examples of specific entities with this problem. Also, make sure to remove the msh files!

(09-30-2013, 09:59 PM)Amn Wrote: 1. Patrik, your download link points to AmnesiaPatchTest130927.zip, maybe you meant AmnesiaPatchTest130930.zip ?

What the? How did you know there was a new version up? Tongue
Due to the server issues yesterday I didn't have time to update the thread. Should link correctly now.

(09-30-2013, 10:42 PM)The chaser Wrote: -If possible, could there be a special option in the Model Editor that loaded stuff from Blender? Like:

It's much more complicated than that. However, it's possible (no promises) that the changes to make the engine 3D Max compatible has actually made life easier for Blender users as well, so you might want to try and load some Blender dae files that didn't work before.

(09-30-2013, 09:59 PM)Amn Wrote: I played 20 mins of two cs and made it to the end of one, and nothing bad happened.

Greatly appreciated! Big Grin

(09-30-2013, 04:27 PM)Reminiscity Wrote: I can't save mat-files or ent-files anymore :S Am I the only one having this problem?

There's no error message the material and model editor opens just fine. The file just doesn't save.

The mat problem has been reported before but I was unable to reproduce it. Have you looked in the log file for the editors (documents/HPL2/)?

(10-01-2013, 03:30 AM)Tychaos Wrote: I have just realized now that for whatever reason my manpigs are unable to smash down doors and will just keep running into it! Is there any way i can fix this?

Should be a matter of tweaking their attack size and possibly body size. The actual logic for destroying the doors is the same as for the grunts.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Tychaos - 10-01-2013

(10-01-2013, 08:41 AM)Patrik Wrote: New version is up!

Fixes
  • Added AttachPropToProp function that works exactly like AddAttachedPropToProp but without the afRotZ bug. The old version still works the same as it always has but will be removed from the Engine Scripts wiki page and puts a warning in the log file.
  • Fixed bug related to destroying attached props (this includes using ReplaceEntity on an attached prop). It would be greatly appreciated if as many of you as possible could test this as it's not a trivial fix that might still have issues.
  • Added a checkbox to the debug menu for displaying errors and warnings directly in the debug message output. Please have this checked while testing the update.
  • Fixed model editor crashing when an invalid type of entity is loaded. It will now give a proper error message.

Stuff I need more info on (Please let me know if you have any!)
  • Using an image in SetupLoadScreen makes it impossible to go between maps.
  • New Level Editor crashes when changing textures for primitives.
    Unable to reproduce.
  • AMFP models in MansionBase category not rotated correctly.
    Unable to reproduce, could use examples of specific entities with this problem. Also, make sure to remove the msh files!

(09-30-2013, 09:59 PM)Amn Wrote: 1. Patrik, your download link points to AmnesiaPatchTest130927.zip, maybe you meant AmnesiaPatchTest130930.zip ?

What the? How did you know there was a new version up? Tongue
Due to the server issues yesterday I didn't have time to update the thread. Should link correctly now.

(09-30-2013, 10:42 PM)The chaser Wrote: -If possible, could there be a special option in the Model Editor that loaded stuff from Blender? Like:

It's much more complicated than that. However, it's possible (no promises) that the changes to make the engine 3D Max compatible has actually made life easier for Blender users as well, so you might want to try and load some Blender dae files that didn't work before.

(09-30-2013, 09:59 PM)Amn Wrote: I played 20 mins of two cs and made it to the end of one, and nothing bad happened.

Greatly appreciated! Big Grin

(09-30-2013, 04:27 PM)Reminiscity Wrote: I can't save mat-files or ent-files anymore :S Am I the only one having this problem?

There's no error message the material and model editor opens just fine. The file just doesn't save.

The mat problem has been reported before but I was unable to reproduce it. Have you looked in the log file for the editors (documents/HPL2/)?

(10-01-2013, 03:30 AM)Tychaos Wrote: I have just realized now that for whatever reason my manpigs are unable to smash down doors and will just keep running into it! Is there any way i can fix this?

Should be a matter of tweaking their attack size and possibly body size. The actual logic for destroying the doors is the same as for the grunts.

How would i tweak there attack size/body size?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - The chaser - 10-01-2013

In the .ent file Wink

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Daemian - 10-01-2013

Patrik Wrote:What the? How did you know there was a new version up?
Ooh that's why. I thought ok, the guy just forgot to update the link.

I knew because... on my many travels i found some sort of stone, like a stone egg. And since then i can guess stuff.

Nah, the link was just broken and i tried the parent url. And there it was the new update.

Patrik Wrote:Using an image in SetupLoadScreen makes it impossible to go between maps.
Amnesia launcher AmnesiaTest130930.exe
Map "/test/maps/a.map" open&saved with LevelEditor130930.exe

From this test custom story, i put a collide function to travel to the rainy hall.

SetupLoadScreen("LoadingText", "Ch02_Prison01", 1, "game_loading_well.jpg");
ChangeMap( "00_rainy_hall.map", "AreaPlayerStart", "", "" );

It works every time, with and without image.
SetupLoadScreen("LoadingText", "Ch02_Prison01", 1, "");

I think a reinstall should fix this, cause that's what i have here and it's working.

Patrik Wrote:New Level Editor crashes when changing textures for primitives.
Unable to reproduce.
Tested. Works fine for me too.
Maybe a custom texture is crashing his game?

Patrik Wrote:AMFP models in MansionBase category not rotated correctly.
Most of the cs i tested had mansion base models and i couldn't find any misplaced wall.
In this image i put common mansion base models, their rotation its set by default.
Editor LevelEditor130930.exe
Spoiler below!

[Image: mansionbase_staticobjects_1.jpg]

And these are some i found looking at somewhere else:
Spoiler below!

[Image: mansionbase_staticobjects_2.jpg]
MansionBrickwork.DAE
attic_wall_03_ver.DAE
default02_secret.dae
bathroom_mirror.DAE
railing.DAE (this one spawns below the surface, like having -4 y)
wood_panneling_window_white.DAE

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 10-01-2013

I don't know if that can be fixed now but is it possible to fix the editor & game crash when enabling rain collision? Discussed briefly here(shouldn't take much of your time): http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20332-post-211364.html#pid211364