Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - nemesis567 - 10-06-2013

The texture exists in the main directory. The directory it is looking for to find it doesn't as it's apparently the directory of one of your developers.

It affects nothing though. It's just a warning I keep getting.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Your Computer - 10-06-2013

The game doesn't try to find it there, though, so it's not an issue. The file is located in Machine for Pigs/textures/envmaps, which is referenced in the resources.cfg, so it's an error that can be ignored.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 10-07-2013

I am running a second map from AMFP and see this bug. Some entities lose its positions.

Spoiler below!

[Image: fjev.jpg]

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-07-2013

(10-07-2013, 04:03 PM)Fatalist Wrote: I am running a second map from AMFP and see this bug. Some entities lose its positions.

Spoiler below!

[Image: fjev.jpg]

Well, just loading the old map-files from AMFP is not really supported. Did you remove the msh files for those entities? If you did, try opening them in the model editor and resave them.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - CarnivorousJelly - 10-07-2013

I think I may have found something useful :D
Greenhouse (static objects) are about 1000x smaller than they're supposed to be (for example, the dimensions are 0, 0.004, 0.004 for the wall pieces).
Also, it appears I can only place the static objects in the map, but not select them again after placing.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-08-2013

Since no big issues seem to be showing up I suspect this will be the version that ends up going up as a patch, hopefully in a few days.
Sorry, for taking so long. Jens is taking some time off and he's the guy with access to the magic upload button. Wink

(10-07-2013, 08:24 PM)Kia Wrote: I think I may have found something useful Big Grin
Greenhouse (static objects) are about 1000x smaller than they're supposed to be (for example, the dimensions are 0, 0.004, 0.004 for the wall pieces).
Also, it appears I can only place the static objects in the map, but not select them again after placing.

They are like that in AMFP as well. Tongue
If you want to use them anyway you should be able to open the dae file in a text editor and change the line:

Code:
<unit meter="0.001000"/>

to

Code:
<unit meter="1.000000"/>

(and remember to delete the msh file afterwards)

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 08:39 AM)Patrik Wrote: Since no big issues seem to be showing up I suspect this will be the version that ends up going up as a patch, hopefully in a few days.

Will be adding a new version of ModelView.exe and MapView.exe in this path?
And I hope you will be adding a few great AMFP functions,
like AttachPropToBone and ShowScreenImage Rolleyes

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - FlawlessHappiness - 10-09-2013

(10-08-2013, 08:39 AM)Patrik Wrote: Since no big issues seem to be showing up I suspect this will be the version that ends up going up as a patch, hopefully in a few days.
Sorry, for taking so long. Jens is taking some time off and he's the guy with access to the magic upload button. Wink

Patrik! I have something bugging me.
Whenever i select an object and want to make it into another object in the editor, it doesn't remember what mesh it was from the beginning, so I have to go through all the folders everytime... It's very annoying Smile
Is it possible to fix?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Shambles - 10-09-2013

I'm still getting the issue of stuck pigs! Running in place flickering into different positions. I tried making a new .ent file, but it continues to do it. The chase music and screeching happens, path nodes and scripting in place, but it keeps screwing up.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - FlawlessHappiness - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 05:13 PM)Shambles Wrote: I'm still getting the issue of stuck pigs! Running in place flickering into different positions. I tried making a new .ent file, but it continues to do it. The chase music and screeching happens, path nodes and scripting in place, but it keeps screwing up.

Did you open it in the model editor? Then save as and overwrite the same file?
Because that worked for me