Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 10-13-2013

Just a note for you people wanting sounds, even without overwriting, the sounds from AAMFP will be prioritized when pasting them in, So now my game menu and lantern sounds like AAMFP, which is awesome at least for now.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - LordOfDragons - 10-13-2013

(10-13-2013, 03:27 PM)The Mug Wrote: Just a note for you people wanting sounds, even without overwriting, the sounds from AAMFP will be prioritized when pasting them in, So now my game menu and lantern sounds like AAMFP, which is awesome at least for now.

Just copied the sounds too. So my lantern and menu is like yours. Its just still the oil lantern anyhow...

Well to the monsters: I think they are still a bit bugged even if i put their sounds in ( Not the chase music though).
Will that be fixed with the offical update for us all? Or is this already the update? This is for testing... I guess.

Yeah the manpig is kinda buggy, going into slowmotion, Not noticing you when it obviously should and sometimes slashing into the air like a maniac(with me being out of sight) unless you interupt it. Also to note is that aamfp doors are apparantly indestructable, at least the one I was testing with, so he would be banging eternally unless I let him out.

(10-13-2013, 05:01 PM)The Mug Wrote: Yeah the manpig is kinda buggy, going into slowmotion, Not noticing you when it obviously should and sometimes slashing into the air like a maniac(with me being out of sight) unless you interupt it. Also to note is that aamfp doors are apparantly indestructable, at least the one I was testing with, so he would be banging eternally unless I let him out.

Oh thats why the engineer in my cs breaks down the door with one hit. I used a door from TDD. In the trailer it was around 6 hits...

I forgot to test the pig furniture and texture...

(10-13-2013, 05:12 PM)BossPiggy Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 05:01 PM)The Mug Wrote: Yeah the manpig is kinda buggy, going into slowmotion, Not noticing you when it obviously should and sometimes slashing into the air like a maniac(with me being out of sight) unless you interupt it. Also to note is that aamfp doors are apparantly indestructable, at least the one I was testing with, so he would be banging eternally unless I let him out.

Oh thats why the engineer in my cs breaks down the door with one hit. I used a door from TDD. In the trailer it was around 6 hits...

I forgot to test the pig furniture and texture...
I actually think the door in the trailer was a door from TDD, as they used placeholders back then(or maybe it was just because back then it was not intended to be a fullgame). In the very same trailer you will see that TDD doors are being used in the church. I would rather just assume that things have been tweaked since then.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-13-2013

(10-13-2013, 05:01 PM)The Mug Wrote: Yeah the manpig is kinda buggy, going into slowmotion, Not noticing you when it obviously should and sometimes slashing into the air like a maniac(with me being out of sight) unless you interupt it.

That sounds very odd. Anyone else getting this? Do you know how to reproduce it?

Hm Mug or Patrik, could anyone tell me where to do this sanity script, and how? Im not used to see the effect on the pigs...

Was able to reproduce him:
-going into slowmotion
-spinning around at certain pathnodes
-Smashing doors that are open
- Smashing doors without hitting them
- replaying the same animation constantly with a clear seam, if I was in position where he could not get reach me easily.

I was not able to reproduce him becoming completely unresponsive as in he wont attack me at all, though I was able to catch him being quite ignorant of me being in plain sight close to him with a lantern on. Only when I whent up real close or jumped would he notice me.

These were in about 10 quick recordings after one another, though due to the massive 3gb(for all) file size, it does not seem like an option to upload it unfortunately.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Alex Ros - 10-13-2013

What would happen to usual players who do not have HPL Editor installed and moreover do not have a Machine For Pigs? Or that HPL Editor Update would automatically update some the Dark Descent game files? Or... or what? How?

(10-13-2013, 10:28 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: What would happen to usual players who do not have HPL Editor installed and moreover do not have a Machine For Pigs? Or that HPL Editor Update would automatically update some the Dark Descent game files? Or... or what? How?

its not just the editor thats being updated but the main game, so you wont have to worry about the tools. As things seem right now it will be required for you to have AAMFP to play these custom stories/mods as thats the only legal place to get the assets from, which unfortunately also means non modders will have to go through the insanely painful process of deleting .mesh and .anm files.

Would be cool if someone could make an installer of sorts that detected the AAMFP files on your PC and copied them automatically without including the .msh and .anm files, I mean something that takes a modder 2 hours is too much to ask of a regular player who is used to just pasting in custom stories in a folder.