Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 10-15-2013

I dont think you can just paste in the AAMFP lantern. Rather I think you have to set it back up from scratch, should be perfectly possible since you have both model animations and everything for it.
Search the forum I am pretty certain there should be a tutorial on custom lanterns somewhere.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - LordOfDragons - 10-15-2013

Hm im getting a lot of errors here. Tried to load some lamps, to test if they blink if a pig is near (Even though i think we have to script that). The lamps just crash the leveleditor :/ Do i have to load every single AAMFP model in the model editor so it works?

I also scripted a wretch and rebuilded a AAMFP scene from the church ( Where the wretch crosses the way at the stairs) When i enter the scriptarea, the pig will run to the PathNodeArea1, but not exactly at the moment when i cross the ScriptArea :/ (But prob, my fault).

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 08:26 AM)Patrik Wrote: [quote='DnALANGE' pid='268662' dateline='1381783645']
I removed the msh & Anm ONLY from the Enemies-Folder..
Is that enough, or should i remove ALL msh & Anm from the WHOLE AMNESIA?

No, just for the AMFP entities.

(10-14-2013, 09:47 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Now i have another problem tho..
The monsters seem to work.. sorta.., only after some like.. 10 seconds the game crashes..
Maybe cause i have all monsters standing in 1 map?? maybe to much info for the engine???

It's not too much for the engine, but you could try just having one enemy active in the level and see if that solves the problem.
Are you sure it's the monsters causing the crash? If you remove the monsters entirely, does the map work like it should?
If the crash keeps happening, send me your hpl.log after the game has crashed. It would also be helpful to get the ent, map and hps files related to the issue.

(10-14-2013, 09:47 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: When i turn the flashlight on -> it turns on for like 2 seconds then just turns off??

Does it disappear instantly, or does it act as if the player has pressed the flashlight button? Have you tried it in an empty map with no scripts?

It disappears like almost inmidiatly, like 0.3 seconds on then off-> 5 seconds it just turns on and works fine..
But when turned OFF and want to turn back ON,,, same small 5 seconds delay appears..
I am trying to fix it..
will try to reinstall the ORIGINAL WHITE NIGHT flaslight today.
Let's see if that would do the trick.
If not....
I will come back here.
Thanks for the reply.

For the enemy, i will try to see where and what causes the crah.

(10-15-2013, 08:26 AM)Patrik Wrote: [quote='DnALANGE' pid='268662' dateline='1381783645']
I removed the msh & Anm ONLY from the Enemies-Folder..
The monsters seem to work.. sorta.., only after some like.. 10 seconds the game crashes..
Maybe cause i have all monsters standing in 1 map?? maybe to much info for the engine???
It's not too much for the engine, but you could try just having one enemy active in the level and see if that solves the problem.
Are you sure it's the monsters causing the crash? If you remove the monsters entirely, does the map work like it should?
If the crash keeps happening, send me your hpl.log after the game has crashed. It would also be helpful to get the ent, map and hps files related to the issue.
(10-14-2013, 09:47 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: When i turn the flashlight on -> it turns on for like 2 seconds then just turns off??
Does it disappear instantly, or does it act as if the player has pressed the flashlight button? Have you tried it in an empty map with no scripts?
It disappears like almost inmidiatly, like 0.3 seconds on then off-> 5 seconds it just turns on and works fine..
But when turned OFF and want to turn back ON,,, same small 5 seconds delay appears..
I am trying to fix it..
If not....
I will come back here.
Thanks for the reply.
For the enemy, i will try to see where and what causes the crah.

I am trying to fix it..
If not....
I will come back here.
Thanks for the reply.
For the enemy, i will try to see where and what causes the crash.

uh... test.. can;t write anything..........??

? can't type ...

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 10-15-2013

Yes, flashlight doesnt work property. I tired to deleted .anm and .msh files, saved again in new editor, but flashlight still not work.
So, glowstick lantern, mandus lantern and zippo lantern working fine.

(10-15-2013, 01:38 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Yes, flashlight doesnt work property. I tired to deleted .anm and .msh files, saved again in new editor, but flashlight still not work.

SO thank go i a'm not the only person..
What could this be?
worked PERFECT before the update were installed...
-
Maybe patrik has any good ideas.
Empty maps - NOT works
No scripts in hpl - NOT work...
-
I go and try it with Original lanters, to see if that works for me.

(10-15-2013, 08:26 AM)Patrik Wrote:
(10-14-2013, 09:47 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: I removed the msh & Anm ONLY from the Enemies-Folder..

Edit:I downloaded White Night and tried the flashlight without running into the issue you describe, so I suspect there's some other problem. So yeah, please try to use the flashlight in a very basic map.

Also, if anyone else has a problem with custom lanterns that worked before, please let me know.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - RedKnight - 10-15-2013

Well great. If i install this my CS won't appear. Now i have to CREATE A ANOTHER ONE again!

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 01:43 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Maybe patrik has any good ideas.
Empty maps - NOT works
No scripts in hpl - NOT work...

(10-15-2013, 01:38 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Yes, flashlight doesnt work property. I tired to deleted .anm and .msh files, saved again in new editor, but flashlight still not work.

Okay, will have a look. Could you describe more clearly what's not working?
If I understand correctly, the flashlight is displayed for a few seconds then disappears?

Could you make that happen and then post your hpl.log file here?

(10-15-2013, 03:31 PM)BonePieCreations Wrote: Well great. If i install this my CS won't appear. Now i have to CREATE A ANOTHER ONE again!

That shouldn't be necessary. Is your CS available anywhere or could you upload it somewhere and send me a link by pm?

Patrik,
When pressing F the flashlight appears for let's say 1 second +-
THEN it just goies away { maybe behind the character?? }
THEN after let's say +- 5 seconds it just popsup again and works fine untill is is empty.
BUT the thing here is, when it is NOT visable is DRAINS BATTERY\OIL... so it works sort of but..., behind the scenes if you understand what i mean...
I am on it to try and fix this.
If i have a solution i will post it here.
Hope you could see something different in the Original LANTERN and the FLASHLIGH.
Regards.

Here is a VIDEO of what the flashlight does for me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw2hl69imdy02cr/Amnesia%202013-10-15%2017-18-51-23_FLASHLIGHT_ISSUE.avi

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - LordOfDragons - 10-15-2013

How does mandus lantern work for you? It just crashes my game if i place it in the leveleditor .-. ...

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-15-2013

(10-15-2013, 04:05 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
Here is a VIDEO of what the flashlight does for me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw2hl69imdy02cr/Amnesia%202013-10-15%2017-18-51-23_FLASHLIGHT_ISSUE.avi

That's super helpful, thanks. Smile