Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 10-17-2013

Patrik,
Another small question :
Why suddenly like 80% of my sounds stop playing?
Like before { normal Amnesia - NO updates } everything worked fine???
Could it be the problem, too many sounds playing? like the game is too much, then nothing , EheHhe?
--
Any idea maybe?
Cou;d it be the Update or just me?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - RedKnight - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 04:44 PM)Patrik Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 04:04 PM)BonePieCreations Wrote: I just updated it and created a cs folder.. It won't appear again. -_-

Like I said, I tried putting your CS in my folder and it showed up just fine so there's nothing wrong with how it's set up, and shouldn't be anything wrong with the update either. Anyone else having issues getting their CS to show?

Is it just your CS that won't show? Have you tried other custom stories? Are you following the step-by-step guide for installing the update?

Nevermind.

And the wretch is very buggy. It was trying to attack me but it keeps repeating the same act. And it won't chase me Sad

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 05:46 PM)BonePieCreations Wrote: Nevermind.

And the wretch is very buggy. It was trying to attack me but it keeps repeating the same act. And it won't chase me Sad

Open its .ent file in the new model editor and save. The same must be done for the engineer and the tesla.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - RedKnight - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 06:04 PM)Patrik Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 05:46 PM)BonePieCreations Wrote: Nevermind.

Open its .ent file in the new model editor and save. The same must be done for the engineer and the tesla.

It still won't work. :/ And the tesla and engineer won't appear in-game
And how can i exit the modelview?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 10-17-2013

escape

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Alex Ros - 10-18-2013

BonePieCreations Wrote:I just updated it and created a cs folder... It won't appear again...

Patrik Wrote:Is it just your CS that won't show? Have you tried other custom stories? Are you following the step-by-step guide for installing the update?

It was always that way. Since the original the Dark Descent. At least for me personally it was always that way. Sometimes I've been solving this problem by simple exiting the game and back again. Sometimes I had to exit the game, but start it again via launcher menu, not just usual icon on a desktop. Sometimes I had to delete saves directory, I mean not entire 'Amnesia' folder at the 'Documents and Settings', but only a subfolder entitled by nickname. And very rarely I had to clean up completely 'Local Settings\Temp' folder with all of the hidden files, of course. Funny, but it did help. So, yeah, I was dealing with that problem since the original the Dark Descent. But very rarely, truly rarely. So I do not think that Update is the cause of that problem.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 10-18-2013

For the CS not appearing issue, I believe it has to do with administrator rights and thus some files being written at VirtualStore folder. Go to:

C:\Users\--YOUR-USER-NAME--\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

and check if any Amnesia .cfg files and main directory are there. It's possible the game is looking for custom stories and reading .cfg files from there and not normal directories.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - The chaser - 10-18-2013

Why is this a normal thread now?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 10-18-2013

What the...??? Huh I did that but have no idea when & how. I'm getting crazy... Alright, I'll sticky it again. Sorry about that. Blush

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 10-18-2013

Patrik,
Update REQUEST \ IDEA :
Could id be possible to make a .HPL connect the MAIN MENU.
So we can actually make tstuff happen in the MAIN MENU.
-
Full Conversion only "Proberly"
-
LET'S KEEP THIS TREATH REQUESTS | IDEAS ONLY!