Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 10-19-2013

Does this thing have balls or is it just me? Tongue

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - TheWalshinator - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 02:09 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Does this thing have balls or is it just me? Tongue

Yea, it's just you.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Traggey - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 02:09 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Does this thing have balls or is it just me? Tongue

Those are, balls.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - TheWalshinator - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 02:24 PM)Traggey Wrote:

Those are, balls.
Crab-chicken have genitalia?
K den...

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 10-20-2013

What about this functions - SetPlayerPos and SetEntityPos?
I am writing a script SetEntityPos("crate", 1, 1, 1);
But its not work.

EDIT: Nevermind, its work)

EDIT2:
And maybe will be you add a rotation around X, Y, Z axis and coordinate system to this function?
SetEntityPos(string& asName, float afX, float afY, float afZ, float afRotX, float afRotY, float afRotZ, string& asCoordSystem);

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 10-20-2013

Patrik,
Another small idea\quesion to make stuff cooler or us.
IS it possible to make inside the editor \ ENEMY a function that
DISABLES the sanitydrain thing?
We can just use : DISABLETRIGGER, for them to NOT attack player.
---
Would be very usefull for us to make moving "enemy's" into NORMAL people who we can interact with.
For example : a conversation or questions etc...
Just another idea.
---
Overall i don't see any big issues in the editor.
Still bugtesting and trying to make the editor crash Wink HEhehhE!

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 10-21-2013

Old bug: Exit Inventory() dont have any effect. Can you fix them? For example, I use health potion and inventory close immediately.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - FlawlessHappiness - 10-21-2013

There was a thing I was thinking about...

Would it be possible that we could create our own potions?

I bet the health potion is:
When used
{
AddPlayerHealth(float);
}

What if we could create our own entity to be used in the inventory. We could be able to use variables, screen-effects, enhanced player action and more if we were able to do this.
Would it be possible?`

I'm sorry for making a new suggestion since it has already stopped, but I haven't thought about this before

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 03:12 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: There was a thing I was thinking about...

When used
{
AddPlayerHealth(float);
}

What if we could create our own entity to be used in the inventory. We could be able to use variables, screen-effects, enhanced player action and more if we were able to do this.
Would it be possible?`

I'm sorry for making a new suggestion since it has already stopped, but I haven't thought about this before

I think this could be done already with a work around like this:

Make a custom health potion, name it as wished and give it a new icon. Make it so that it gives 0 health unless wished otherwise.

Make a script that triggers on pickup or when the potion is put in your inventory(trigger it however you wish to really). This script should check if the potion is in your inventory constantly, and trigger another script if it finds the potion to be missing. When you use the potion it would of course no longer be in your inventory which would therefore trigger the new script.

In the new script you put the desired function/effect of the potion and TADA! you have your own working custom potion.

Havent really tested this myself but in theory it should work something like this.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - FlawlessHappiness - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 03:38 PM)The Mug Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 03:12 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: There was a thing I was thinking about...

When used
{
AddPlayerHealth(float);
}

Would it be possible?`

I think this could be done already with a work around like this:

Make a custom health potion, name it as wished and give it a new icon. Make it so that it gives 0 health unless wished otherwise.

Make a script that triggers on pickup or when the potion is put in your inventory(trigger it however you wish to really). This script should check if the potion is in your inventory constantly, and trigger another script if it finds the potion to be missing. When you use the potion it would of course no longer be in your inventory which would therefore trigger the new script.

In the new script you put the desired function/effect of the potion and TADA! you have your own working custom potion.

Havent really tested this myself but in theory it should work something like this.

Yes of course it could be done by scripting Wink It just seems like it'd be possible, quite easy. All these work around scripts may seem simple when they stand alone, but together it can become quite a mess.