Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 11-05-2013

(11-05-2013, 04:59 PM)Acies Wrote: Thank you! I have been googling this issue but ending up at some other thread. Google must have updated their search priority fairly recently..

It has been at the troubleshooting guide since 2011! Tongue

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Acies - 11-05-2013

(11-05-2013, 06:15 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 04:59 PM)Acies Wrote: Thank you! I have been googling this issue but ending up at some other thread. Google must have updated their search priority fairly recently..

It has been at the troubleshooting guide since 2011! Tongue
Ops!

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 11-05-2013

Ok I finished the entire game with the updated files. I'll never do it again, can't play Amnesia TDD any longer... Tongue Anyway, I'll sum up what I found:

1) At the intro notes when Gamma option appears if you click to change it, the next screen appears instead. That's because it's the same if you click Continue or just anywhere on the screen.
2) Patrick please include the latest SDL.dll file which fixes the alt-tab problem. Now that this update is about to be released it's a great opportunity to fix this once and for all.
3) There's a misplaced wall at the Rainy Hall's back first room.

That's all. Everything else is working perfectly fine including the enemies of course. No worries Patrick, I'm certain the user that reports that had corrupted files or similar.

Btw, I didn't test it with the new files, why does the Morgue map always crashes the level editor?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 11-06-2013

(11-05-2013, 09:25 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Btw, I didn't test it with the new files, why does the Morgue map always crashes the level editor?

Because "bone_pile_human2" model has a broken mesh or something else.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 11-06-2013

(11-06-2013, 02:55 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Because "bone_pile_human2" model has a broken mesh or something else.

So that can be quickly fixed and included with the update then.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 11-06-2013

(11-05-2013, 09:25 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Ok I finished the entire game with the updated files. I'll never do it again, can't play Amnesia TDD any longer... Tongue

You're a true hero! Big Grin

Your observations have been noted.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Kullin - 11-07-2013

Can I ask something?
Whenever I use for exampel the "Wall_Wood_Paneling" they tend to rotate whenever i load the map, is there any solution to this?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Rapture - 11-07-2013

(11-07-2013, 12:35 AM)Kullin Wrote: Can I ask something?
Whenever I use for exampel the "Wall_Wood_Paneling" they tend to rotate whenever i load the map, is there any solution to this?
^
No you may not ask your question, in fact don't ask at all...

In all seriousness, you don't need to write that, it's junk filler words.
//***
Open it up in the "ModelEditor" it might have a "Joint" that is trying to move to the parameters that were set for it.

Also, does it rotate on map start, or when you interact with it? (Is it interactable?)

And you send "tend to", does that mean every time or sometimes?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 11-07-2013

(11-07-2013, 12:35 AM)Kullin Wrote: Can I ask something?

Of course you can. Smile
I need a bit more information though.
You say "for example", so I guess there are other models this happens to as well? Would be a lot easier to pinpoint the problem if I know a few more.

Also, by load the map, do you mean loading it in the game or in the editor?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Kullin - 11-07-2013

This happens when I play the story, not when I load it in the editor (it looks right in the editor)
The first time I played the walls was rotated right, I tried what Rapture said and it didn't have a joint, and it's not interactable since it's a wall.

I forgot how to make these spoiler things on this side but here you go.

Editor:
[Image: 2ztbnkg.png]

In game:
[Image: den0n6.jpg]