Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Romulator - 11-15-2013

Probably the stupidest suggestion ever, but...

On the level editor, clicking the red X, normally to close an application in the top right corner does NOTHING in the level editor Tongue

I should try and get used to pressing Alt+F4, and I don't know if this was done intentionally or not.
Just letting you know it is there Smile

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - FlawlessHappiness - 11-15-2013

(11-15-2013, 02:54 PM)Romulator Wrote: Probably the stupidest suggestion ever, but...

On the level editor, clicking the red X, normally to close an application in the top right corner does NOTHING in the level editor Tongue

I should try and get used to pressing Alt+F4, and I don't know if this was done intentionally or not.

Esc works the same way

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Romulator - 11-15-2013

(11-15-2013, 02:58 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 02:54 PM)Romulator Wrote: Probably the stupidest suggestion ever, but...

Esc works the same way

Just realised that now using the Model Viewer to check out some of the new things. Tongue

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 11-15-2013

It appears SetInventoryDisabled(), also disables your journal, which is quite unfortunate for me who was developing a new inventory system, and relied on a feature to disable only inventory for it to even make sence adding it.
I am aware that this a very late time to be requesting something like this, but if theres a quick fix on your side, I would be Very very grateful if you could include it in the next update.
[Image: begging.jpg]

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 11-16-2013

IMPORTEND QUESTION { to me is it Wink }
How can i change the AddEffectVoice("SOUND.OGG", "", "Voice", "MESSAGEONSCREEN", false, "", 0, 0 );
to what i want it. here is the question:
What happens NOW is when i have for example a door with a message LOCKED + the voiceacting is locked.
When i press the door 10 times QUICK -> locked locked lokced locked locked etc.. till it reaches 10.
BUT when i have a LONG tekst like this :I think this lever raised the gate, i can hear something moving
Press it 5 times for example.
I think this lever raised the gate, i can hear something moving
-
HOW can i make it that IF the voiceacting is getting activated\called. when i press AGAIN it starts over in stead of waiting whhen the addeffect is done and then reactivate cause you pressed a door 10 times...
-
Maybe Patrik could make something like this:
AddEffectVoice("SOUND.OGG", "", "Voice", "MESSAGEONSCREEN", false, BOOL***, "", 0, 0 );
BOOL*** = OVERWRITE USING MESSAGE so wont be playing 10 times.
something like:
I think this -> press lever again
I think this lever reaised -> press lever again
I think -> press lever..
-
SO it whenever a NEW ADDEFFECT is called we could say we want to overwrite the one being played.
ONLY FOR THE ADDEFFECT WHEN CALLED DUBBEL OR MORE.
You guys get it i think Tongue
-
Thank you for reading, hopefully someone understands...
I Always explane too much hehhe,,, i know Wink

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Sabatu - 11-16-2013

Hi . I have Problem
Hello. Is there any way to use Amfp monsters in TDD with this new update? They don't move at all. I tried Wretch. He works but doesn't move at all.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 11-16-2013

(11-16-2013, 08:07 PM)Sabatu Wrote: Hi . I have Problem
Hello. Is there any way to use Amfp monsters in TDD with this new update? They don't move at all. I tried Wretch. He works but doesn't move at all.
Did you resave the model with the new model editor?

StopAllEffectVoice(0); REMOVED in update? - DnALANGE - 11-16-2013

StopAllEffectVoice(0);

I need this function really desperatyl..
Is this removed?
If it is. i have a HUGH problem...
Well, maybe anyone could test it out.
-
Some info: it WORKS without the new update.
When update is installed, NOT WORKING.
Hope this helps a bit.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - goodcap - 11-16-2013

the wretch does not work properly for me. He keeps flickering while standing still!

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 11-16-2013

(11-16-2013, 09:38 PM)goodcap Wrote: the wretch does not work properly for me. He keeps flickering while standing still!

Copying the AMFP stuff (optional)
1.Make copies of the entities, static_objects and textures folders located in your AMFP install directory. Do NOT place them in the TDD folder just yet.
2.Search through the folder copies for .msh and .anm and remove any files you find. Preferably use the Windows search functionality for this, so you don't have to manually look through all the folders.
3.Now you can safely copy the folders to the TDD folder. Do NOT replace anything this time, you only want the stuff that's unique to AMFP.
4.Either delete the .ent files for the new enemies (located in entities/enemy) or open them with the new ModelEditor and resave them.

READ THE FIRST PAGE CLOSELY!