Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - goodcap - 11-16-2013

Okay, I got that to work.
The Wretch works. But he has no sound or anything.
I went to the modeleditor and it says that the hit sound is the one from the grunt/brute.
But I still don't hear anything!

And the pig sounds all don't work!

How do I fix that?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - WALP - 11-16-2013

You need to copy over the sounds as well if you want the sounds.
The easy way is to just take all the folders inside the AAMFP sound folder and drop them into the TDD sound folder. The problem with this is however that despite not replacing any files it still contains a lot of files with the same names as the ones in TDD so sounds will still be replaced in-game even if no files are overwritten(fx footsteps and menu music).
It is best you backup your TDD sound folder before doing this so you dont have to remove the AAMFP files individually.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 11-17-2013

When is it official release?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Gilligan's Hell - 11-17-2013

Is there plans for a mac version?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 11-17-2013

(11-17-2013, 03:43 PM)endosine Wrote: Is there plans for a mac version?

Yes for all platforms.
Seen it somewhere, but cant find the post.
but YES.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - GrAVit - 11-17-2013

My game occasionally (quite often actually) crashes while running the following script:

Code:
void suitorscare(string &in asEntity)
{
SetEntityActive("suitor", true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "suitorclaw.snt", "suitor", 0, false);
ShowEnemyPlayerPosition("suitor");
}

Any ideas?

The fatal error thing gets to 29%, and then it says Amnesia.exe has stopped working.

EDIT: Tried replacing enemy_suitor.ent with the old one. Doesn't fix the crashing. However, this didn't occur at all before I installed this update.

EDIT 2: Ok, so after some additional debugging, the game fatally crashes whenever a suitor is on the level. It doesn't even have to be scripted.

EDIT 3: After some further testing, seems as if it's the same case for the brute as well, but NOT for the grunt!

EDIT 4: Comparing the old and new enemy_suitor.ent files. I'm guessing the problem is with the mesh? http://oi44.tinypic.com/11gllip.jpg

EDIT 5: Ok, so tried replacing new enemy_suitor.ent with an old one, didn't work. Then I tried replacing the new mesh (enemy_suitor.msh) with the old one, didn't work. Finally, I replaced all the new animations with the old ones, and it worked again! So either it's merely the animations that cause this problem, or then all the changes as a whole.

EDIT 6: Tried old animations with new mesh and .ent. Works. Changed idle.anm to the old one, works for a split second and then crashes -> animation changes to an updated one -> fatal error, crash. Tried the same thing by replacing all new animations with the old ones except break_door, then I tricked the suitor to break a door, and the moment he approached it, game crashed. I'm just going to conclude that all the new animations for the suitor and probably for the brute as well are broken.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Romulator - 11-18-2013

For future reference, if it hasn't been covered yet:

Make sure you have the files that DO NOT come with this update from the actual HPL Editor Suite zip file from the Wiki page . I had issues just before doing a reinstall of A:TDD before.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 11-18-2013

(11-17-2013, 10:04 PM)GrAVit Wrote: I'm just going to conclude that all the new animations for the suitor and probably for the brute as well are broken.

Can anyone else confirm this? The suitor enemies work just fine on my end on two separate installations.

(11-16-2013, 08:45 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: StopAllEffectVoice(0);

I need this function really desperatyl..
Is this removed?
If it is. i have a HUGH problem...
Well, maybe anyone could test it out.
-
Some info: it WORKS without the new update.
When update is installed, NOT WORKING.
Hope this helps a bit.

What exactly is not working? For me it seems to be working the same way in the latest version as it did in the old one. Could you show me your script and I'll check it out?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 11-18-2013

What does the function do precisely?
And how does it work? no wiki info tho..
Do you understand my question patrik?
If i have a door for example, and i press it 10 times..
NOW it is like locked.locked.locked.locked.locked etc.. till it reached 10.
BUT,
i want it to have when i press the door 10 times the effect will overwrite the other if pressing it over and over.
If i have a long line, it will sound so weird if i press it 10 times. you will hear the voiceacting 10 times..
How can i fix that?
EDIT...
void StopAllEffectVoices(float afFadeOutTime);

Stops all voices and calls the EffectVoiceOverCallback.
bool GetEffectVoiceActive();

Checks whether EffectVoices are still active.
void SetEffectVoiceOverCallback(string& asFunc);

Sets the function to be called when the EffectVoices are finished.
Callback syntax: void MyFunc()

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 11-18-2013

Testing enemies. Suitor works fine.

Testing FC mod with custom stuff - some entities change its position and size.