Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Gilligan's Hell - 11-19-2013

I'm using the latest one, AmnesiaTest131111.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Fatalist - 11-19-2013

(11-19-2013, 09:39 AM)Patrik Wrote: If it works in the level editor that should mean it's a cache issue. Does your level have a map_cache file? If so, try removing it and reloading the level.
If that doesn't work, remove the msh files for the entities that don't behave the way you expect them to.
If again, that doesn't work, try re-saving the level in the new level editor and if the entities aren't static objects but actual ent-files, resave those in the new editor as well.

If any of these steps fixes the issue, let me know which one. Smile

Also, one thing that would help a LOT is if you could upload a zip file somewhere with your map and any custom models/entities and send me a link by PM.

All of these steps don't fixes the issue Sad
Some objects in new editor lose its geometric parameters.
For Example:
In old model editor
Spoiler below!

[Image: lw4i.jpg]

In new model editor
Spoiler below!

[Image: itvl.jpg]

Same bug with helicopter model from "Bitterwood Peak" mod.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 11-19-2013

(11-19-2013, 01:50 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Some objects in new editor lose its geometric parameters.

Is it your own model? I suspect it has the wrong unit scale in the dae file, which the old version of the game didn't take into consideration.
Open the file in a text editor and search for a line beginning with "<unit" (without quotes) and let me know what it says, or send me a link to the file in question.

I cut this models from Penumbra maps. I used Maya 8.5 for it.

For conditioner model:
<unit meter="0.025400" name="centimeter"></unit>

But some models change position on map, not size. For example, microscope and scalpel.
Spoiler below!

[Image: xgp5.jpg]

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 11-19-2013

(11-19-2013, 03:00 PM)Fatalist Wrote: For conditioner model:
<unit meter="0.025400" name="centimeter"></unit>

That's a weird one. Try changing it to:
<unit meter="1" name="meter"></unit>
remove its msh file and reload it in an editor.

As for the objects changing positions, that's a hard one for me to solve without seeing the files. It could be that the meshes are no longer properly attached to the bodies of the entities.

(11-19-2013, 03:45 PM)Patrik Wrote: That's a weird one. Try changing it to:
<unit meter="1" name="meter"></unit>
remove its msh file and reload it in an editor.

As for the objects changing positions, that's a hard one for me to solve without seeing the files. It could be that the meshes are no longer properly attached to the bodies of the entities.

Size has changed, but position too.
And collider box size not = object size.
Spoiler below!

[Image: r45k.jpg]

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - i3670 - 11-19-2013

Don't know if this has been pointed out already but anyway. Some entities lose their position. If I place, for example, the cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent in the map it will show up somewhere else in the map in the MapView. Some other models share this problem for example the fans and a couch.

Models with this problem so far:

cabinet_simple_shelves_filled.ent
fan_ceiling_short.ent
fan_ceiling_long.ent
sofa_red.ent

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - plutomaniac - 11-19-2013

Guys it would really help Patrik if you could share with him the files/models etc in question with him so that he can do some testing himself quickly without having to reply here every time asking for you to do something constantly. All of you with the wrong position/geometry/scaling issues, can you do that? It will certainly speed up the time required to find any bugs with the new editors.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 11-25-2013

(11-19-2013, 04:12 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Size has changed, but position too.
And collider box size not = object size.

Alright, I've figured out the issue.
The helicopter can be fixed by resaving it in the model editor, but a fix will be added to the next version so it's not needed.

For your light switches, it's a combination of the unit scale and some matrix transforms in the dae files. Still debating how to fix it as the engine handles the matrix transforms properly now which it didn't before. That seems to be a good thing, but introduces these kinds of backwards compatibility issues.

For now, what you can do if you want to use these models right now, is to set the unit to 1 meter like I said before, and also search for the two lines beginning with <matrix sid="matrix"> and remove them. Remember to delete the msh file afterwards.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DnALANGE - 11-26-2013

Patrik,
Have you got any idea? +- days weeks...
How long could it take to upload \ have the FINAL update?
-
Just a question, No hurry!