Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Update coming! Brave testers needed! (/thread-23378.html)

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Tesseract - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 07:27 AM)Patrik Wrote: So you mean some FBX files work and some don't? Are you using different options when exporting them? Especially check your options for exporting tangents as that was where it crashed before.

Sometimes the FBX file doesn't import the object with its textures so you have to apply them manually. I have played around with the export settings and I still get the same result. The object still works even though the textures have to be applied manually in the model editor.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Tychaos - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 07:27 AM)Patrik Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 02:16 AM)Tychaos Wrote: Also I have found that the man pigs, engineer and tesla will not move and just stand there walking on spot if they try to get to you. And yes i have placed path nodes. Also as others have mentioned before the sounds will get blanked out when starting up the game or leaving the editor.

To you and anyone else having this issue:
Are you using the AMFP .ent files or are you creating new ones for the pig models? The AMFP entity files will not work for the ManPigs, the reason being that just porting everything over line by line would have messed up the grunts.

(09-27-2013, 05:31 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: The editor no longer crashes! Sometimes the object will import without its textures applied with FBX files.

So you mean some FBX files work and some don't? Are you using different options when exporting them? Especially check your options for exporting tangents as that was where it crashed before.

(09-26-2013, 06:12 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Patrik, I have a full conversion that uses the testing Amnesia.exe because it has no custom story option (which I want to be the case). Is it safe to keep using the beta .exe and package that with my FC or will that cause issues later?

I wouldn't recommend it. The version without that option has a lot of bugs as you can see in this thread, so probably better to use the proper update when it's released.

Okay i will try creating a new .ent file for the man pigs.
Edit: Thanks it works now!

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - LordOfDragons - 09-27-2013

I downloaded the file and put all of the files in the redist folder to " Machine for Pigs" in my steam area. But it doesnt work. Do i put it to TDD instead? Sounds better i guess... But i would be glad if someone could help, i want to start an funny pig story as soon as possible Big Grin

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 01:33 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Do i put it to TDD instead?

Yes, the update is for TDD not AMFP. Smile

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Daemian - 09-27-2013

Test results for version AmnesiaTest130926
(AmnesiaTest130926.exe AmnesiaPatchTest130926.zip)

Spoiler below!

[Entities]
/entities/enemy/child/child.ent
These child entities below crash the model editor when opened.
ModelEditor.log says nothing about this.

child_tunnel.ent
child.ent
child_mask.ent

/entities/enemy/child/child_actor.ent
This one works fine, its animations too.
Tested in-game too.

/entities/wretch/wretch.ent
By updating the .ent file, the enemy is working perfect.

[Opening maps from mfp]
I know it's not supposed to support maps from mfp, but the information in the error log may be relevant for your tests.
Maybe to see how the editor handles these maps.
The map file it's 16_temple.map. Log attached below.

Rest seems to be working fine, except for the huge models problem you know about.

[Functions]
SetEntityVisible( str, bool );
Doesn't work on:
arabic_carafe.ent
arabic_statue_gold.ent
billiard_table.ent

Works on:
alexander.ent
wretch.ent

SetPlayerPos( x, y, z );
GetPlayerPosX();
GetPlayerPosY();
GetPlayerPosZ();

Working fine.

SetEntityPos( string, x, y, z );
GetEntityPosX( string );
GetEntityPosY( string );
GetEntityPosZ( string );

Not working with any of these entities:
arabic_carafe.ent
alexander.ent
arabic_statue_gold.ent

SetEntityPos does nothing.
GetEntityX,Y and Z, returns 0 always.

On another subject, the keys to move through the editors works fine,
but not the enter key to accept a file selection or backspace to go back one directory.

just curious, why can't we use the own os file explorer to browse for files?

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Simba - 09-27-2013

Ok so i have done some testing with the .ent files from AMFP now
i can load into the model editor the Maid and the Gent but when i load the scene.ent model editor crashes now
i have removed the .msh files to test this theory earlier and it didnt work
there is no gent.msh but the other 2 do have meshes
actor and ragdoll
now when removing these 2 from the entities folder in character it doesnt crash i have tried making new ent files for each one but that still crashes

any ideas

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - nemesis567 - 09-27-2013

Amazing, finally I can return.

(09-25-2013, 11:01 PM)Apjjm Wrote: Really happy with the scripting additions in general, especially the ability to manipulate positions and mass. I am a little disappointed that there are no trig functions or sqrt exposed [a trivial wrapper to some of the more common stuff in math.h/cmath would be a lifesaver - especially now positions are exposed!] - having to roll your own is a headache, inaccurate and pretty slow Sad

Going to have a play about with the exposed functions later tonight / tomorrow and will post back if i come across anything that hasn't been mentioned yet.
Yes, I came to suggest positions in pm because it has endless possibilities. With some work and these functions you can simulate literally everything. You can built a physics engine inside the game if such was your desire.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Apjjm - 09-27-2013

I've gone ahead and placed the updated script functions into an updated notepad++ files support:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64805489/amnesia%20Libs/Amnesia_UDL_V1.4.zip

I have also reworked the style (Both default and monokai style is supported too) to work better with the latest versions of notepad++. I will keep this updated if more changes are made before the patch comes out.

Edit: Last updated on 17/10/2013
----

Speaking of changes,
Would it be possible to change the string parsing functions a little to something as follows:
Code:
bool StringToInt(string& in asString, int& out alResult)
Where asString is the string to parse, alResult is the result (which is returned from the current functions), and the function returns true/false depending on whether or not parsing was successful.

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - Patrik - 09-27-2013

New version is up!

Fixes
  • Fixed scaling of 3D Max collada models.
  • Fixed Mesh file property not getting updated for static objects in the level editor.
  • Fixed saving of sound in sound entities.
  • Fixed saving of falloff textures on lights.
  • Added TeleportEnemyToEntity function.

Stuff I need more info on
  • SetEntityVisible not working?
    I was unable to reproduce, except for with static props (and those can't be scripted). Check the hpl.log for any errors if it doesn't work..

• ReplaceEntity not working
    Same thing as SetEntityVisible.

• PlaceEntityAtEntity not working
    Moving multi-body entities like this is not recommended, but it should work to some degree. Again, check the hpl.log for any errors if it doesn't.

• Materials not being saved
    Unable to reproduce.

• SetupLoadScreen making it impossible to go between maps.
    Unable to reproduce.

If you have any info on the stuff I was unable to reproduce, please let me know. Smile

RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - DamnNoHtml - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 06:32 PM)Patrik Wrote: New version is up!

Fixes
  • Fixed scaling of 3D Max collada models.
  • Fixed Mesh file property not getting updated for static objects in the level editor.
  • Fixed saving of sound in sound entities.
  • Fixed saving of falloff textures on lights.
  • Added TeleportEnemyToEntity function.

Stuff I need more info on
  • SetEntityVisible not working?
    I was unable to reproduce, except for with static props (and those can't be scripted). Check the hpl.log for any errors if it doesn't work..

• ReplaceEntity not working
    Same thing as SetEntityVisible.

• PlaceEntityAtEntity not working
    Moving multi-body entities like this is not recommended, but it should work to some degree. Again, check the hpl.log for any errors if it doesn't.

• Materials not being saved
    Unable to reproduce.

• SetupLoadScreen making it impossible to go between maps.
    Unable to reproduce.

If you have any info on the stuff I was unable to reproduce, please let me know. Smile

Looks like the Sound placement bug is fixed, as well the the skybox resetting. Only thing applicable to me now is SetupLoadScreen() still causes the following map to crash the game.

Edit

Actually, for some reason the update is affecting the image of the function. I removed the image and it loads fine. Going to see what I can do to make the image work now. Jpeg is still supported, right?