Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
First World Problems - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: First World Problems (/thread-23510.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: First World Problems - CarnivorousJelly - 10-16-2013

Friend won a ladies' night to a club that involves limos and free drinks.
Can't go because of piano lessons and university.

And Shimeji, try mixing honey/jam of some sort with the yogurt - that usually makes it taste relatively good c:

RE: First World Problems - TwiK999 - 10-16-2013

Waking up in the middle of the night, being really thirsty and having no water left in your bedside cup, then cba to get up and refill it so I fall asleep thirsty...

RE: First World Problems - VaeVictis - 10-17-2013

(10-16-2013, 03:35 PM)TwiK999 Wrote: Waking up in the middle of the night, being really thirsty and having no water left in your bedside cup, then cba to get up and refill it so I fall asleep thirsty...

XD Done that!

My mini Mirkwood model in Minecraft isn't coming along like I envisioned...

RE: First World Problems - Ashtoreth - 10-29-2013

Went for a one-hour walk this morning, after 10 minutes my thighs started itching like hell.

RE: First World Problems - Bridge - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 04:41 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Went for a one-hour walk this morning, after 10 minutes my thighs started itching like hell.

Because of friction?

RE: First World Problems - Ashtoreth - 10-29-2013

No, it was in the outer side of the thighs. I googled it and apparently this is the reason:

"Itchy skin usually occurs during exercise performed after a long period of inactivity. The itching is not on the skin, it's inside the actual limbs. There are millions of tiny capillaries and arteries inside our muscles which expand rapidly due to the demand for more blood that is brought on by exercise. When fit, these capillaries remain open allowing maximum blood passage, but when unfit and inactive they tend to collapse, allowing only minimal blood passage (which is sufficient for a sedentary person however). The rapid expansion of these vessels causes adjacent nerves to send impulses back to the brain which are interpreted as an itch. That's why after a few sessions the sensation tends to go away. Just another indication of increasing fitness levels."

I'm not a fit person but I'm used to take long walks. The only difference is that I usually go at dusk, not in the morning. Maybe it was because of the heat?

RE: First World Problems - Bridge - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 05:05 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: No, it was in the outer side of the thighs. I googled it and apparently this is the reason:

"Itchy skin usually occurs during exercise performed after a long period of inactivity. The itching is not on the skin, it's inside the actual limbs. There are millions of tiny capillaries and arteries inside our muscles which expand rapidly due to the demand for more blood that is brought on by exercise. When fit, these capillaries remain open allowing maximum blood passage, but when unfit and inactive they tend to collapse, allowing only minimal blood passage (which is sufficient for a sedentary person however). The rapid expansion of these vessels causes adjacent nerves to send impulses back to the brain which are interpreted as an itch. That's why after a few sessions the sensation tends to go away. Just another indication of increasing fitness levels."

I'm not a fit person but I'm used to take long walks. The only difference is that I usually go at dusk, not in the morning. Maybe it was because of the heat?

That's quite interesting. I think I've experienced it a few times myself, I just never thought anything of it. It could be the heat although I wouldn't think it would have that much of an effect.

RE: First World Problems - Xanthe_ - 10-29-2013

My car's one button light bulb was burned from when got a car (two years ago?). Like many else lights.... Today I fixed with led + resistor. Feels good. Was last one. Cool

RE: First World Problems - Froge - 10-29-2013

(10-29-2013, 05:05 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: No, it was in the outer side of the thighs. I googled it and apparently this is the reason:

I've experienced it so badly that I had to sit down on the sidewalk and scratch my legs intensely.

RE: First World Problems - Nice - 10-30-2013

ran out of toothpaste on the most sugary day ever