Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? (/thread-24220.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - Slanderous - 03-28-2014

I bought a game magazine with Penumbra Black Plague, and after completing the game I decided to take a look at other FG games, so I bought Penumbra Overture. I completed Overture and realised that they made also another game, Amnesia. I decided to buy it as well and that's how it started Big Grin

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - Googolplex - 03-29-2014

As you can see, I'm here since 2008, where the last episodes of Penumbra were released. The first time I heard about Amnesia was when I saw the first artworks - the game called "Unknown" there.

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - RedKnight - 03-31-2014

I saw someone player a amnesa custom story and i thought it was called ''Amnesia custom story'' But i was wrong when i installed it. :3

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - Unearthlybrutal - 03-31-2014

I watched the trailer and I had to get it Tongue

I was playing it when I was alone at night.
I played it (very concentrated) and our dog (Saku) was sitting next to me and suddenly it farted,
I almost got heart attack Tongue

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - PutraenusAlivius - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 09:01 AM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: I watched the trailer and I had to get it Tongue

I was playing it when I was alone at night.
I played it (very concentrated) and our dog (Saku) was sitting next to me and suddenly it farted,
I almost got heart attack Tongue

You got lucky, neighbor's dog barked when I played it in the night. Guess how that turned out.

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - physcostealth - 04-02-2014

Pewdiepie. Plus the fact that I wasn't into horror and wanted to try something new. Yep. It was definitely something new.

I always come in late to the party. Ended up not getting Amnesia until early this year... yeah I know oh mon dieu right

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - zixincullen - 07-25-2014

I found out about amnesia from pewdiepie's videos! Its really fun but kinda scary at times!

EDIT: Use Let's Play forum section for advertising your videos.

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - MrWhitticus - 07-25-2014

Stop bringing back old threads to advertise yourself

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) - 07-26-2014

(02-24-2014, 07:57 PM)Hybelkaninen Wrote: Started out with a video on YouTube showing a pretty freaky scene from Penumbra.
Bought the Penumbra Collection and started with that.

Played some of Overture and caught interest in Frictional Games.
Then I read they were working on Amnesia and decided to finish Overture and Black Plague (got completely stuck on Requiem).

Sometime later I bought the game and followed the "dark room with headphones" tip......after hours and hours with bug eyes, sweaty palms and a racing pulse....the mind fuck they call Amnesia could be scratched off on my list of finished games.

how is black plague not scarier than amnesia!?

RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - Daktoa - 07-27-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:04 AM)MrWhitticus Wrote: Stop bringing back old threads