Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-56.html)
+--- Thread: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? (/thread-24348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - SHODANFreeman - 01-11-2014

Do you want a game with a lot of good and satisfying puzzles to solve, or one that is just a story on rails with some scares?

Personally, I thought Penumbra was better than Amnesia solely because I enjoyed solving the puzzles a lot more. I'm hoping Soma doesn't dumb the puzzles down to cater to a wider audience.

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - MyRedNeptune - 01-11-2014

What if I want both? Confused

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - Wooderson - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 05:46 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: What if I want both? Confused

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - Macgyverthehero - 01-11-2014

All I want from SOMA is a balanced mix of horror, story, puzzle solving, and good music.

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - Googolplex - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 07:17 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: All I want from SOMA is a balanced mix of horror, story, puzzle solving, and good music.

Horror: 35%
Story: 15%
Puzzles: 40%
Music: 10%

But everything should be 100%Cool

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - Sleepbug - 01-11-2014

A mix of a movie styled game with puzzles and interactivity would be interesting.

I just want them to do something new.

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - GiggleBlizzard - 01-11-2014

Like Penumbra? Why would anyone want Soma to be anything like a game such as The Walking Dead - mind you, I don't think they're bad I just don't understand. Perhaps a better comparison would be "Do you want Soma to be more like Penumbra or more like Amnesia?"

I hope the puzzles will be more in the style of Penumbra because the puzzles in Amnesia are not very engaging nor difficult.

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - HorrorElementFilms - 01-11-2014

well, I don't exactly expect anything like anything Frictional Games has done, I'm more expecting something well thought out and fairly original. But, If I could have my wishlist, I'd like:

Story, like A Machine For Pigs

Scary, like The Dark Descent

Themed, like Penumbra

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - GiggleBlizzard - 01-12-2014

(01-11-2014, 10:59 PM)HorrorElementFilms Wrote: well, I don't exactly expect anything like anything Frictional Games has done, I'm more expecting something well thought out and fairly original. But, If I could have my wishlist, I'd like:

Story, like A Machine For Pigs

Scary, like The Dark Descent

Themed, like Penumbra

This is exactly how I want it to be aswell.

RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - Alardem - 01-12-2014

It should be a Doom clone.