Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What is Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: What is Amnesia: The Dark Descent (/thread-2436.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - WindexGlow - 11-28-2008

roadkiller Wrote:kewl.... my pc broke down a couple of weeks ago so....
I'm just wondering if it would work with a 7600gt with 512 ram xD

I believe they said if you can run the original penumbra, you can run lux tenebras.

Remember, it'll look better though. Major optimizations will be introduced to the engine that HPl1 never got.
HPL1 engine actually started off as Energetic. When they created 2006 Penumbra Tech Demo, they added a new axis (y-axis?), some new special effects, optimizations for a 3-d world, and so on.

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - MaximB - 12-07-2008

And off course the ultimate question ...

Will there be a Linux/Mac clients ?

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - Thomas - 12-08-2008

(12-07-2008, 10:35 PM)MaximB Wrote: And off course the ultimate question ...

At the moment, it seems very likely.

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - MaximB - 12-08-2008

(12-08-2008, 10:50 AM)Thomas Wrote:
(12-07-2008, 10:35 PM)MaximB Wrote: And off course the ultimate question ...

At the moment, it seems very likely.

Cool.
Yesterday I bought the 3 game pack for $35 (Linux ports), at that price I cannot afford NOT to buy it .
Plus I want to support the dev's that support us, specially if they are indies.

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - cdoublejj - 01-10-2009

[Image: conc_omniousthumping.jpg]

wow, looking forward to it

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - agent 47 - 01-27-2009

frictional games should look at making a game for schools. it could be another strategy game but not so "scary" but more about problem solving. the reason I say this is because I go to school and since playing the penumbra series it has made me wiser towards problem solving. I noticed that in grad 9 I was getting d's and e's in math and since playing the penumbra series my grades went up to b's and other subject grades went up to and one of the other subjects I was prowed of was media I got an a+. Sorry that I put this here but I thought this might me a good spot to put it. Sorry about the spelling if there is anything wrong with it

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - Kedjane - 01-27-2009

(01-27-2009, 12:43 AM)agent 47 Wrote: frictional games should look at making a game for schools. it could be another strategy game but not so "scary" but more about problem solving. the reason I say this is because I go to school and since playing the penumbra series it has made me wiser towards problem solving. I noticed that in grad 9 I was getting d's and e's in math and since playing the penumbra series my grades went up to b's and other subject grades went up to and one of the other subjects I was prowed of was media I got an a+. Sorry that I put this here but I thought this might me a good spot to put it. Sorry about the spelling if there is anything wrong with it

You should try Portal. If any, that game will make your grades higher. Plus it's great fun.

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - agent 47 - 02-01-2009

thanks for telling me that it looks really really fun. im going to get it now.

thanks heeps.

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - jamhaw - 02-22-2009

So is it going to be called Unknown or Lux Tenebras or Unknown: Lux Tenebras?

RE: What is Unknown/Lux Tenebras - WindexGlow - 02-22-2009

Lux Tenebras at the moment is their code name for this, however it would not be uncommon for it to become the official name.