Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? (/thread-2445.html)

Pages: 1 2

Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - Petike - 11-04-2008

I'm not very into RPGs, nor have I played many, but this game genre has certainly produced some great and even grounbreaking titles since it's humble beginnings.

One of my most favourite RPGs of all time would be Arcanum : Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

Which one (ones) would be in your TOP 10 or "TOP something..." ?

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - Guyra - 11-09-2008

I've wanted to try Arcanum for some time.. Got to get to it. Wink

Best RPG I've ever played is Planescape: Torment. Smile

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - TheLight - 11-10-2008

My favourite is Baldurs Gate 1 & 2. It takes forever to finish both (In fact I think I haven't actually finished the second one yet Sad). But that is what makes them great.

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - Guyra - 11-10-2008

The Baldur's Gate series was my favourite until I played Planescape: Torment! (Created by the same guys, though. Wink)

You should definetly finish the second game, too. Including the expansion. Wink

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - Linux.Blue - 11-10-2008

RPG? Role Playing Game? Does classic Zelda count or no? I mostly go for FPS or MAYBE racing or board.

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - graykin - 11-11-2008

Favorite RPGs? Depends on how it's paced.

My favorite fast-paced RPG (where you just run around killing things) has got to be Diablo II. It's pretty much the same thing over and over again, but for some reason, it's DAMN addictive. Can't wait for Diablo III to come out, that's fo' sho'.

But I have to agree with TheLight when it comes to the slower paced RPGs--Baldur's Gate. I've only played the second one, but just the depth of the character development and of...well, EVERYTHING in the game makes it one-of-a-kind. I have yet to see another RPG of this calibur made EVER again.

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - eliasfrost - 11-11-2008

I must say Arcanum or the old Fallout titles. Smile

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - WindexGlow - 11-11-2008

Oblivion111!!1

Kidding, kidding. Someone will eventually say that god-awful rpg.

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - eliasfrost - 11-11-2008

Oh, that one sucked. It was made for retards that can't handle stat-heavy games. ^^

RE: Your opinion : Which RPG game is the best ever made ? - Guyra - 11-11-2008

@WindexGlow: Now, personally, I would consider Oblivion a quite good RPG. Doesn't go too high on my list, but I think it's good. Gets a bit too repetitive, and the main story sucks, but good none the less. The prequel was much better in every other way except game mechanics and graphics, though. Morrowind would've been a masterpiece, had it had as good game mechanics and graphics as Oblivion. But despite it, Morrowind goes much higher on my list than Oblivion. My personal opinion, ofcourse. Smile