Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Penumbra Apocalypse[Cancelled] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Penumbra Apocalypse[Cancelled] (/thread-24708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Penumbra Apocalypse[WIP] - SSEAlexander - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 05:12 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: cool, if you want I can help you with some maps if you want. I know how to make very well done detailed levels, but sometimes I will be really busy and if I say really busy it means REALLY REALLY BUSY, because I will be working on my custom story at the same time. but don't be like excited and give me all of your maps and I have to a make them all, i'm just going to teach you how to make well detailed maps, that's allSmile

anyways I converted a tiny boot from penumbra to amnesia and when I load it in the level editor, it keeps crashing Huh
hmmmm...But it worked proppely in Model Editor? I mean, When u enter the model editor and view the boot,it works but in game it crashes? hmmm.i that is a bug i think not fixable. but read this: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5126.html
may help you out.

RE: Penumbra Apocalypse[WIP] - Radical Batz - 03-07-2014

I followed that tutorial exactly but when I load the ent file of the boot in the model editor it keeps crashing but it won't crash when loading the dae

u copied all boot files including ent? Do not use the ent file from boot. Make a new one. Just open model editor and go to settings-variables. Then just import mesh.
U have boot so you have 2 options:
Set the "StaticProp" option in user defined variables to make it not move. just static.
If u wanna grab it,Select object and type: Grab

when I go to file, import msh, what do I import?
since I don't have the ent file? How do I make a new one

I'm quite lost actually

Listen...

Open Model Editor. Do not go to file-open. Instead,go to settings-User Defined Variables.Set any settings u want. After,go to Import Mesh and search for .dae file of your boot...Simple? For me,yes.

if u wanna help from video,i will make it as u request.

OMG YOU CAN NOT HEAR ME BUT I'M SCREAMING WITH HAPPINESS RIGHT NOW, I could almost cry!!!

thank you so much, it worked! but how do I make it an object that youc an throw and grab?

Yaaaayyyy!
go to model editor and open the .ent file of your boot. go to settings,user defined veriables and select object. An Subtype "Static" will apear. change it to Grab

PS: We both have bad english Cool

actually I don't have bad English, it's because of my keyboard which makes the words go like this "acan't" or "you wantc ant" because I type fast and my keyboard letters are really small so it's hard for me to type though :/

what is ur custom story anyways? i can help u some. I know how to convert AMFP(Amnesia 2 A Machine For Pigs) assets. also i know many script such as waking up in bed or on ground or Text`s on screen or Locked door messages or puzzles like key opens a door etc...I even know how to make a functional PC from penumbra.

the functional PC script is using many scripts like invertory disabling,Teleporting player,Player disabling and crosshair dissabling.Also,U will need timers if u wanna make the voices from pc.

I know how to do all of that, I already know scripting and map detailing but the problem is! the story