Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] (/thread-24897.html)

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS - WALP - 04-17-2014

The map looks different from before mainly layout wise, that is all I get from the video. What improvements/changes where made? why was this map design better? is this still a test map?

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS - PutraenusAlivius - 04-18-2014

The mapping looks awful. The leaves and bushes(?) looks like a bunch of planes stuck together. It looks odd.
The walls looks like it's enlarged so much you can see the pixels. The fog is way too thick.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS - SSEAlexander - 04-18-2014

Idk how to make thick fog.With lights? Nope.No lights in 860-1,end.
Yes mug,its still an test map.Some things are floating in forest because whole the forest u seen in the cut scene is...A .dae Model! Including all the trees,path,grass.
Changes:
same fog color as Beta SCP-860-1 from SCP CB.
New path.
Envoirments :
Grass
Some Rocks
Upcoming :
Bigger Grass (to hide from 860-2.Risky.When u hide there too much,682 will crush you or spawn in 860-1.
The forest monster.Dubbed as 860-2.

Something is ridicoulus :
Not final.That was close-to-final cut scene from Update Major II.
Not leaves brushes.Rocks,grass.Not my models,Whole forest map is made by Regalis.Blame him if u want to.
Walls are having problems.Ill not change them in this level.There will be multiple wall models...
Pixels? Cant see any of them.I said that Major Update II will change it.Check Hazardous wikia and select "Our Progress".Some of infos are also in SCP Pages.[SCP-100,682 etc...] http://scpcbsequel.blogspot.com/p/new-index.html select "Hazardous Wikia" from the page.

You know, you could just try to recreate the environment rather than putting on the original. The planes looks weird. People are gonna thought that the mapping is horrible. Also, you can see the textures and you can see the invisible parts (because faces can only be seen from one side) and that is horrible.
The walls are blocky. Well you can see the pixels like it's made in there. Up close it looks really weird. Also, blue fog with no light source? Odd.

And yes, I know that it is not final. But that is NOT an excuse for why your mapping is horrible.

(04-18-2014, 10:40 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: You know, you could just try to recreate the environment rather than putting on the original. The planes looks weird. People are gonna thought that the mapping is horrible. Also, you can see the textures and you can see the invisible parts (because faces can only be seen from one side) and that is horrible.
The walls are blocky. Well you can see the pixels like it's made in there. Up close it looks really weird. Also, blue fog with no light source? Odd.

And yes, I know that it is not final. But that is NOT an excuse for why your mapping is horrible.

Nope.SCP CB assets MUST be in my Mod.No custom forest.

(04-18-2014, 10:44 AM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(04-18-2014, 10:40 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: You know, you could just try to recreate the environment rather than putting on the original. The planes looks weird. People are gonna thought that the mapping is horrible. Also, you can see the textures and you can see the invisible parts (because faces can only be seen from one side) and that is horrible.

Nope.SCP CB assets MUST be in my Mod.No custom forest.

What I mean is that you can try to recreate the forest using SCP assets, rather than using Regalis' map.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS - Potato - 04-18-2014

You're better off creating your own assets than ripping the WIP forest file from Containment Breach's files. Not to mention that wip file was scrapped.

In general, you're better off using custom assets (or ones from TDD), rather than ripping every single thing from CB. I think you're leaning too much on the original game, get creative with some of the pre-existing assets, or create your own. Otherwise, you're not going to get that far.

(04-18-2014, 02:51 PM)Potato Wrote: You're better off creating your own assets than ripping the WIP forest file from Containment Breach's files. Not to mention that wip file was scrapped.

In general, you're better off using custom assets (or ones from TDD), rather than ripping every single thing from CB. I think you're leaning too much on the original game, get creative with some of the pre-existing assets, or create your own. Otherwise, you're not going to get that far.
i can just start making SCP Hazardous in Unity engine.I can cancel all my projects.I will finally no longer take care of making projects.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS - tezpull666 - 04-18-2014

We are not saying or trying to cancel your projects FOR-THE-LAST-TIME!

What potato said is true, better use custom assets, don't rip the WIP forest from Containement Breach's files.

(04-18-2014, 03:03 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:
(04-18-2014, 02:51 PM)Potato Wrote: You're better off creating your own assets than ripping the WIP forest file from Containment Breach's files. Not to mention that wip file was scrapped.

i can just start making SCP Hazardous in Unity engine.I can cancel all my projects.I will finally no longer take care of making projects.

I really don't want to spark another debate here, but Potato is right. I mean if you are using Regalis' maps then you won't get any far.

You can use SCP assets, but try to re-create the map you see in the level editor with SCP assets. Don't use the map. Make your own version. I mean maybe Regalis' map may have one straight line, but you may add another path.

The thing is that you're following the rules too much. Be creative.