Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] (/thread-24897.html)

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Neelke - 05-16-2014

Neither am I Undecided

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Radical Batz - 05-16-2014

(05-16-2014, 06:19 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcfSfrNaxo&feature=youtu.be
You should give me critism and serious help.Took me an hour to convert,add two videos in one and share on youtube.
Tell me what u think first and then tell me what should be changed/fixed.
And peoples like :
Lazzar
Badcat5500
SomethingisRidicoulus
Niksonix
Juras
can critize.Because they are one of best CS creators and they know what to do.

I like how it feels so different from Amnesia! You sir are really improving!

The forest map looks much better Smile

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - PutraenusAlivius - 05-17-2014

(05-16-2014, 06:19 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcfSfrNaxo&feature=youtu.be
You should give me critism and serious help.Took me an hour to convert,add two videos in one and share on youtube.
And peoples like :
Lazzar
Badcat5500
SomethingisRidicoulus
Niksonix
Juras

There's some problems.
One is your lighting. I suspect you use one big giant pointlight. You should add smaller pointlights throughout to emulate real life.
Two is your mapping. I can see seams and the pixels. And the forest map makes me cringe.
Three is your detailing. Some of the maps seem really empty. It makes the environment boring.
Four is your grammar. It still looks bad to read.

But your mapping and scripting has improved well. Oh and by the way, it's SomethingRidiculous. And I haven't make any CS', although I do have one in development. Been at it for a long time.

EDIT:
I agree with Lazzer. Everyone should have the right to criticize other people since there are always people better.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - eliasfrost - 05-17-2014

The specular on the floor is what makes it look so goofy I believe. If you'd perhaps lower the specular value for the floor texture, I think you would get rid of the sharp light bounce seen at 0:50 for example.

It also seems like some of your custom models aren't receiving any light? Especially the walls look like they aren't affected by your lighting. Might be a texture problem?

Other than purely aesthetical and map design wise, the map looks solid, especially the mechanics and concepts you've got in there, looking forward to seeing more of it when you're done with cleaing up all the visual defects.

Here are a list of things I'm concerned about:

-The menu is conceptualy cool but unintuitive to use, I've used menus like that before but if it ain't broken, there's no need to fix it, I'd recommend using a normal menu, with buttons and a cursor.
- 0:32, the doors slide on the outside of the walls when opened
- A lot of your models have specular issues, that's why they look so shiny
- The pickup trumpet sound could easily be replaced with something more sensible, the default sound preferably
- The inventory item icons have no alpha, that's why they have black boxes around them.
- 0:48, the music sounds bit-crushed
- 1:04, the key had the normal pickup sound effect, but not the other items
- 1:10, the walls receive no lighting
- 1:33, the wall have seems (the line along the middle of the wall)
- 1:35, the door has a small crack on the left side, might want to seal it
- 1:40, the fog looks too dense and it have strange artifacts in the distance, that is the black holes in the sky and the horizon
- 1:43, the rock and the candle are floating mid-air
- 1:52, the rocks lack soft shading, hence the blockiness
- 2:21, the decal is flickering
- 2:28, the door is intersects with the wall
- 2:38, the floor has a gap, and the wall is tilted
- 2:59, the stairs are a bit too far up, bringing it down a notch would be good
- 3:12, the walls have gaps in the ceiling and the left walls don't match up in height. The wall textures aren't consistent
- 3:23, another gap in ceiling
- 3:36, the same problem as the before, the floor texture has a too high specular value
- 4:49, the door sticks out on the right side
- 5:04, the ceiling has a hole in it, this continues along the whole hallway I believe
- 6:03, there's a seem i the wall
- 6:06, the computer is way too small
- 6:11, I don't know what the green things are supposed to be, but it looks weird

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Slanderous - 05-17-2014

And peoples like :
Lazzar
Badcat5500
SomethingisRidicoulus
Niksonix
Juras

First of all, thank you for calling me one of the best cs creators ever, but I am not, haven't released any single mod yet, and i'm not that pro. Everyone has a full right over here to criticize your work. And I'm not "Lazzar".

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Tesseract - 05-17-2014

And peoples like :
Lazzar
Badcat5500
SomethingisRidicoulus
Niksonix
Juras

I love this thread, it's the first thing I look at when I wake up because it gives me something to roll my eyes at or face palm at. This is great: you've meticulously chosen a set few of people who are granted the privilege of criticizing your work with possible immunity to a puerile rebuttal.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Kreekakon - 05-17-2014

And peoples like :
Lazzar
Badcat5500
SomethingisRidicoulus
Niksonix
Juras

sten, I must tell you that you cannot put a limit on who to criticize your work, or not. Anyone here should be, and will be given an equal opportunity to voice their opinions, and views on your work.

(05-17-2014, 02:33 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: I love this thread, it's the first thing I look at when I wake up because it gives me something to roll my eyes at or face palm at. This is great: you've meticulously chosen a set few of people who are granted the privilege of criticizing your work with possible immunity to a puerile rebuttal.

Delirium, while I agree with the core idea behind your post, the way you worded it is just looking for trouble.

----------------------------------------------

Consider this a warning to everyone: Anyone from this post on that words their posts with unjustified nastiness will be warned, and posts deleted regardless if the idea behind it was correct, or not.

I will generally try to be forgiving with this restriction, and let things slide if it's minor, but please do not test me.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - Tesseract - 05-17-2014

(05-17-2014, 02:43 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Delirium, while I agree with the core idea behind your post, the way you worded it is just looking for trouble.

----------------------------------------------

Consider this a warning to everyone: Anyone from this post on that words their posts with unjustified nastiness will be warned, and posts deleted regardless if the idea behind it was correct, or not.

I will generally try to be forgiving with this restriction, and let things slide if it's minor, but please do not test me.

I'm not looking for trouble, I'm simply making an obvious observation and being entirely truthful. To be completely honest: the conditions and rules given in this thread are a good call for some unwanted attention or criticism.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - SSEAlexander - 05-17-2014

(05-17-2014, 12:14 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote:
And peoples like :
Lazzar
Badcat5500
SomethingisRidicoulus
Niksonix
Juras

There's some problems.
One is your lighting. I suspect you use one big giant pointlight. You should add smaller pointlights throughout to emulate real life.
Two is your mapping. I can see seams and the pixels. And the forest map makes me cringe.
Three is your detailing. Some of the maps seem really empty. It makes the environment boring.
Four is your grammar. It still looks bad to read.

But your mapping and scripting has improved well. Oh and by the way, it's SomethingRidiculous. And I haven't make any CS', although I do have one in development. Been at it for a long time.

EDIT:
I agree with Lazzer. Everyone should have the right to criticize other people since there are always people better.
Hmm....What about the first map? Does not use big pointlight.It uses few small.
And,Where u seen the pixels? Oh,By the way,Im playing on lowest settings.that can explain that all.
And yea,I didnt actually take care of mapping in Apocalypse.I just placed few empty rooms.Ill try to fix the hallways and other things.
grammar? I didnt seen a bug in text.
And,
I wanted only to make BEST people critize me.Because they can give me serious help.

RE: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!] - PutraenusAlivius - 05-17-2014

(05-17-2014, 07:19 AM)stenclowskimat Wrote: Hmm....What about the first map? Does not use big pointlight.It uses few small.
But some of the walls are not visible and it's dark. Usually if you use small pointlights it's lighter than dark (albeit faintly).

(05-17-2014, 07:19 AM)stenclowskimat Wrote: And,Where u seen the pixels? Oh,By the way,Im playing on lowest settings.that can explain that all.
Second part of the map, after you get taken from the forest. Also there are seams and gaps. Even on the lowest settings, the quality isn't that horrible.

(05-17-2014, 07:19 AM)stenclowskimat Wrote: Grammar? I didnt seen a bug in text.
When you picked up the match.

(05-17-2014, 07:19 AM)stenclowskimat Wrote: I wanted only to make BEST people critize me.Because they can give me serious help.
Other people can criticize also. If I'm good at scripting, will I be good at giving criticism? Some are more detailed.