Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia script help! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: Amnesia script help! (/thread-24898.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Amnesia script help! - Traggey - 08-23-2013

Wrong section, moved.

RE: Amnesia script help! - Adrianis - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 04:06 PM)Neelke Wrote: I think that was the problem, it seemed to be good otherwise. Also might be a good idea telling what happens when you try to start the level.

It won't be the only issue.

Code:
////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "Awesome_key", "Awesome_door", "ABC", true);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "PlayerCollide", "MonsterFunction", true, 1);
}

void ABC(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("Awesome_door", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "Awesome_door", 0, false);
RemoveItem("Awesome_key");
}

void MonsterFunction(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
}

It was also missing a function definition above this line...

{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "PlayerCollide", "MonsterFunction", true, 1);
}

I assume it was meant to go into OnStart, so I moved it there Smile

(also Neelke, it's helpful if you say what it is you changed, so that people can identify the problem themselves in the future)

RE: Amnesia script help! - theodorg - 08-23-2013

thx so much guys you are really helpful the problem was that my

was in the wrong place Smile

Amnesia script help! - theodorg - 08-23-2013

Hello so im trying to make an amnesia custom story and when i created my note my lang file goes inactive. Heres the script pls help:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">It was a dark night and arvid had just wooken up from a bad dream. When he looked around he didnt see his room as he expected, but some mansion-like bedroom. This is where his journey begins!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Awesome_key">A key full of the spirits of yolo</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_Awesome_key">Key Of Yolo</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATAGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Names_Name">Dear Arvid.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Names_Text">I dont have time to explain everything now and I dont know if Im alive when your reading this. You have been in a coma in 12 years after a failed experiment on this mental instutution. Ever since the experience weird things have been going on here. I left your old lantern in case you wake up but right know we are evacuating. Something is not right here...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

RE: Amnesia script help! - Your Computer - 08-23-2013

You spelled category wrong for the journal category.

RE: Amnesia script help! - summit - 08-24-2013

(08-23-2013, 08:36 PM)Your Computer Wrote: You spelled category wrong for the journal category.
+1

Amnesia script help! - theodorg - 08-24-2013

Hello guys so im making my custom story and i know that something is wrong in my lang file. Pls check it out:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<Entry Name="Description">It was a dark night and arvid had just wooken up from a bad dream. When he looked around he didnt see his room as he expected, but some mansion-like bedroom. This is where his journey begins!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<Entry Name="ItemName_Namess">Old Note</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Names_Text">I dont have time to explain everything now and I dont know if Im alive when your reading this. You have been in a coma in 12 years after a failed experiment on this mental instutution. Ever since the experience weird things have been going on here. I left your old lantern in case you wake up but right know we are evacuating. Something is not right here...[br]Love Victoria</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">Dr Victoria, 21 august.
<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">The patients have been acting really weird since the testing on patient 61 last sunday. I dont know if they heard what happened to him but I would prefer that they didnt. I still really dont know what happened down there but i have never seen anything like it.
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

RE: Amnesia script help! - The chaser - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 10:30 AM)theodorg Wrote: Hello guys so im making my custom story and i know that something is wrong in my lang file. Pls check it out:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_Names_Text">I dont have time to explain everything now and I dont know if Im alive when your reading this. You have been in a coma in 12 years after a failed experiment on this mental instutution. Ever since the experience weird things have been going on here. I left your old lantern in case you wake up but right know we are evacuating. Something is not right here...[br]Love Victoria</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">The patients have been acting really weird since the testing on patient 61 last sunday. I dont know if they heard what happened to him but I would prefer that they didnt. I still really dont know what happened down there but i have never seen anything like it.
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I think that your "Note_Names_Name" are confusing Amnesia, try something different like "Note_Begin_Name" or something like that.

RE: Amnesia script help! - theodorg - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 11:00 AM)The chaser Wrote:
(08-24-2013, 10:30 AM)theodorg Wrote: Hello guys so im making my custom story and i know that something is wrong in my lang file. Pls check it out:

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I think that your "Note_Names_Name" are confusing Amnesia, try something different like "Note_Begin_Name" or something like that.

I dont hink so beacuse when i first only had the first two Names and not the Namess it worked something happened when i added the second note.

RE: Amnesia script help! - PutraenusAlivius - 08-24-2013

<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Name">Dr Victoria, 21 august.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Namess_Text">The patients have been acting really weird since the testing on patient 61 last sunday. I dont know if they heard what happened to him but I would prefer that they didnt. I still really dont know what happened down there but i have never seen anything like it.</Entry>

Both Entry has a _Name suffix, it should've been a _Name and _Text.
You also forgot a closing ENTRY brace for both Namess Name and Text.